Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerplay
For the heck of it, whats it worth? >

For the heck of it, whats it worth?

Notices

For the heck of it, whats it worth?

Old 10-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The one with 500's was a re rigged 93. Seems the newer taller hulls are more in demand. I've had offers from different people but not interested in selling. I'll most likely sell to my buddy when I'm ready to move up. I was just curious what it could go for if I decided to move it sooner rather than later. It's really the perfect boat and I have no need for another. I'm probably nuts but keep checking out cats and Cigs. Also thought about boxes and a makeover. Ahh winter blues are setting in too early LOL.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
The one with 500's was a re rigged 93. Seems the newer taller hulls are more in demand. I've had offers from different people but not interested in selling. I'll most likely sell to my buddy when I'm ready to move up. I was just curious what it could go for if I decided to move it sooner rather than later. It's really the perfect boat and I have no need for another. I'm probably nuts but keep checking out cats and Cigs. Also thought about boxes and a makeover. Ahh winter blues are setting in too early LOL.
I go through this all the time, then I buy a harley or different car/truck and keep enjoying what I have.

Why don't you give it a fancy paint job, modernize it? That's the one thing I'd like to do to mine (ok, one of 10 things).
Old 10-01-2011, 01:32 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
That's true... the '93's likely won't bring as much.

How about someone getting a Powerplay in the Bimini Run or Around Long Island race?
Old 10-03-2011, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a 2000 and hope the numbers are much higher than those that you mentioned. It is an awesome boat. There is no reason to let them go for such low #'s.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:05 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Do you guys mind posting pics of yours, regardless of whether you plan to sell or not?

As for the new paint suggestion... I think the original paint on most Powerplays is very cool. It may be a bit dated, but in a good way. I think they were unique to begin with and often simple, but very effective. Some boats you have to get closer to in order to appreciate the paint, but Powerplays stand out from a distance. JMO
Old 10-03-2011, 12:50 PM
Registered

For sale, numerous motor options from stockish 510"/550hp to 502efi procharged/650hp to 489" NA racebred/695hp.

$28,500 25' w/procharged 502 (eagle forged kit, young perf fuel line mods, intercooled, etc)

Finishing up a few odds and ends then it will be advertised back in the classifieds again. Had about 6 solid hits, tho it was a bit premature as I don't want to to sell until everything is "right".
Attached Thumbnails For the heck of it, whats it worth?-browns.jpg  

Last edited by fantastixvoyage; 10-04-2011 at 09:26 AM.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:03 PM
Registered

Fantastx,
By giving it away, you are just ruining it for the rest of the market.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by ActiveFun
Fantastx,
By giving it away, you are just ruining it for the rest of the market.
I would think the price is about right for the market and year. I am sure that is about what the final price will be, I would not think that someone will steal that for 22k-26k IMO, looks to be a nice boat. Should move fast.

No one likes to think there boat is worth less and yes I am guilty of that also I hate the games just tell me the price and let's make the sale.

What would you think it is worth? 30k-35k?

Good luck with the sale

Last edited by sunsation96; 10-03-2011 at 03:34 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:34 PM
Registered

Im not sure if you are just fishing for numbers? I have seen with my own eyes, people buying Checkmates for numbers in that range. Anyone selling 33PP for $25K is either really hurting, buying s damaged boat, or just plain stupid. Sorry.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by ActiveFun
Im not sure if you are just fishing for numbers? I have seen with my own eyes, people buying Checkmates for numbers in that range. Anyone selling 33PP for $25K is either really hurting, buying s damaged boat, or just plain stupid. Sorry.
It is a 25'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.