Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerplay
The "New Powerplay" >

The "New Powerplay"

Notices

The "New Powerplay"

Old 02-22-2012, 09:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
Lets see how they are built and rigged first. I sure would like a new stagger 33 with a cabin.
Did you see the rigging on the CC? Man that looked very nice! Alot of other boat companies can take some notes on that work. Your boat ride you took me on sold me on the Power Play that thing rode great and was faaaaaaasssssst also.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Wally
The 25' molds are still in south FL and have not been used since the PP aution. Karl at Dolphin Boats has them and from what he has told me can be bought if someone was interested...
Thank you for the info
Old 02-22-2012, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tom,

The new 33 looks great. My 2 cents:

1) I am part of the 50% that doesn't like the new hatch but appreciate the rationale behind it. The lack of drainage hasn't been an issue for me so I would stick with the flush look.
2) I love the new bolsters - would like to see one with the throttles in the armrest like many of the original 33s.
3) The new console - would want to see it in person before making a final judgement but from the pics I must admit I prefer the look of the one latitude built. But again I know sometimes pictures don't do justice.
4) Were you able to incorporate a fold away swim ladder on the bracket? Mine has a removal ladder that I store in the floor. A fixed ladder would be much more convenient.
5) I would also add a shower at the transom if I were building a new boat.
6) A proper fish locker at the transom is great!
7) Self bailing - fantastic!

All in all, great job! Looking forward to seeing many more of these new and improved PowerPlays!
Old 02-22-2012, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Powerplay Rigging

The rigging in the Powerplay 33 Sportfish is top notch. If there are areas not pictured that you would like to see specific photos of let us know and we will do our best to get them for you.

Fred
Allstar Marine
[email protected]
Attached Thumbnails The "New Powerplay"-3.jpg   The "New Powerplay"-10.jpg   The "New Powerplay"-11.jpg  

The "New Powerplay"-12.jpg   The "New Powerplay"-13.jpg  
Old 02-22-2012, 05:40 PM
Registered

Well Tom I have to say that I was fairly impressed with the 33 Fish. For being the 1st one built, I couldn't pick it too bad and I am one of the pickiest people out there. If you do everything you say you are going to do, Powerplay will be back in all of its former glory. Not crazy about the deck hatch at all, but understand the argument. Didnt like that the deck or deck mold was in dire need of some love. Lots of ripples, body lines were poor at best, but overall, for molds that have not been used in years, not bad. I hope you and Pat continue to make the changes and improvements that the public are wanting. There is lots of competition out there, but you have a good head start on them by starting with one of the best quality rough water boats on the water.

Oh yea...put the logo back to the way it was, I spent good money on it.

Last edited by maverick; 02-22-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:52 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=POWERPLAY J;3623806]
Originally Posted by sunsation96

Lets see how they are built and rigged first. I sure would like a new stagger 33 with a cabin.
Why stagger? Isn't balance pretty good on yours?

How about with some of the new LS based Ilmore's, that'd help the balance without stagger.

See, this sounds like it's a done deal, and you can't give up any cockpit room as you're gonna have to fit a lot of us in your new PP.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=rlj676;3624549]

Why stagger? Isn't balance pretty good on yours?

How about with some of the new LS based Ilmore's, that'd help the balance without stagger.

See, this sounds like it's a done deal, and you can't give up any cockpit room as you're gonna have to fit a lot of us in your new PP.
Gimme a 5 person stand up cockpit with an extended sun pad and staggered motors with my cabin. Call it done because it will be the best sport boat out there in it's size...
Old 02-22-2012, 10:26 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=rlj676;3624549]

Why stagger?
I believe the question is "Why Not Stagger?"

Last edited by AJ POWERPLAY; 02-23-2012 at 03:20 AM.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:01 PM
Registered

Received 304 Likes on 146 Posts

No stagger with an ilmor/arneson setup.....
Old 02-23-2012, 06:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 302Sport
No stagger with an ilmor/arneson setup.....
Bingo!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.