Notices

Setup!

Old 11-19-2012, 03:50 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts

If presented with an open checkbook, Arnesons would go on my boat... I had a guy named Hunter (NAS-T 39 Cat) also try to tell me Arnesons would not work on my boat, I just brushed it off as he didnt know what he was talking about and continued to listen to the rest of whatever he was saying. It seems that about 9-10mph can be had without any power changes...? Im not sure why the bravo conversions are so pricey, because it sure does seem like a good alternate. But who, aside from the richie rich, can afford to drop 25k each side on the kits?? Not me, that is for certain.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:08 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,171 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
I have no problem with your application, rather your broad statement about V's when 98% of our applications are on V bottoms it is more than a little ignorant of a statement.

Go race against "Tilted Kilt, "Sheds Plus", "Lucas Oil" and others and see of they work on V's

The Powerplay's a damn good running boat and if you want to limit your reliability and speed with an I/O it's your choice but please don't cast negative shadows based upon your lack of experience.
Your right, it was a broad statement, and for that I appolgize. That being said, on a straight bottom full stagger boat, where were going to need all the bow lift we can get, I dont believe surface drives would be the ultimate setup. My "lack" of experience(thats funny right there) leads me to that.

Now, back on topic.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:10 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Originally Posted by ajfisher
If presented with an open checkbook, Arnesons would go on my boat... I had a guy named Hunter (NAS-T 39 Cat) also try to tell me Arnesons would not work on my boat, I just brushed it off as he didnt know what he was talking about and continued to listen to the rest of whatever he was saying. It seems that about 9-10mph can be had without any power changes...? Im not sure why the bravo conversions are so pricey, because it sure does seem like a good alternate. But who, aside from the richie rich, can afford to drop 25k each side on the kits?? Not me, that is for certain.
On the right boat, sure. Nas-T cat maybe right on your boat. Bowlift= friend. Surface drives arent exactly known for giving tons of bowlift.

Now, back on topic.

Last edited by TeamSaris; 11-19-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:01 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Your right, it was a broad statement, and for that I appolgize. That being said, on a straight bottom full stagger boat, where were going to need all the bow lift we can get, I dont believe surface drives would be the ultimate setup. My "lack" of experience(thats funny right there) leads me to that.

Now, back on topic.
You realize that a Bravo at the surface a #6 at the surface has no bow lift either. This is why Hering and Merc are making higher rake propellers and the use of extension boxes on the #'s to get a more aft CG and more leverage. But I forgot you knew this.

I realize you have not seen a 33' Powerplay with Arnesons and thus the conclusion but that doesn't mean they would not work (and I am not advocating anything, just making a point) just that there are a lot of applications with straight bottom V's that work really well and the notion of one does not carry to all. We have a lot of straight bottom Cigarettes, Scarrab's, Sutphens, Hustlers and others that perform well beyond anything that was on there prior.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:24 PM
Driver-441
Racer

You don't need to explain the physics to me, I do understand them. I'm not going to sit here and argue on my thread about rigging my boat about your product. As I stated, you build a great product, I love em on a cat, they work well on step vee hulls, you'll never sell me on them on an application like this. End of story.

Moving on
Old 11-19-2012, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 501 Likes on 259 Posts
Default set up

i don't know if you have the engines in or not yet, but was

wondering if you moved the port engine back a foot, or as far as possible how much rearward cg you'd gain ?

btw, you mentioned the stringers might not be high enough to mount the engines, how far apart are the main stringers and how high are they.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:51 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Originally Posted by outonsafari
i don't know if you have the engines in or not yet, but was

wondering if you moved the port engine back a foot, or as far as possible how much rearward cg you'd gain ?

btw, you mentioned the stringers might not be high enough to mount the engines, how far apart are the main stringers and how high are they.
Were going to use angle aluminium to mount the motors so height shouldnt be an issue. Right now the starboard motor will be mounted at the transom yes, moved back about a foot from the lack of transmission. The port is staying where it is for rough water balance.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:50 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
You don't need to explain the physics to me, I do understand them. I'm not going to sit here and argue on my thread about rigging my boat about your product. As I stated, you build a great product, I love em on a cat, they work well on step vee hulls, you'll never sell me on them on an application like this. End of story.

Moving on
Your missing it. I am not trying to sell you anything, rather would wish you keep the mis information to yourself. It's that simple
Old 01-02-2013, 11:22 PM
Driver-441
Racer

We talked to Dan himself tonight about our setup, he remembers our boat and rigging it with my dad at Harbor 1. Progress is moving nicely
Old 01-15-2013, 11:08 PM
Driver-441
Racer

As per Dan we went one inch higher than the "Tweet" 33 PP
Attached Thumbnails Setup!-76972_515617318461744_1773247552_n.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.