Full Circle >

Full Circle

Notices

Full Circle

Old 07-13-2016, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full Circle

Hello everybody. My name is Jason and I'm the new owner of "Pedal Pusher" (P.P.) I am from New Orleans which is the original home of the boat after Billy Ruddy had it built. I took a liking to P.P. in the late 90's when I 1st saw the boat at Precision Marine.

At the time I had a 24' P&D sporting a Gale Banks turbocharged 502, connected to a Stern Powr drive. My dad was the original owner of the P&D and when I was 7 (1977) I got to go to S. Florida with him to pick up a blank hull. We brought it back to N.O. behind his new Coupe de Ville (yes we were the only ones on Lake Pontchartrain with a performance boat being towed by a Cadillac), really wish I had a picture of that. Dad built the boat, and that was my introduction to offshore boats and the New Orleans boat scene. Dad sold it in the early 80's and it had a few owners until I brought it back into the family.

Mark (Precision Marine) and his partner Billy (Allen) were nice enough to let me hang around the shop, peak at a lot of stuff that I couldn't afford, ask a lot of questions and dyno my 502. P.P. was a frequent visitor to Precision so I had many opportunities to look at it. I even recall going by one day to study the bottom as I had the P&D flipped over to straighten its bottom. My friend Steve (aka Cignificant Other on OSO) suggested I do something with the inner strakes. Not having any idea why boat bottoms were the way they were I figured I'll go look at some bottoms and see what i could figure out. P.P. was the closest hull to the P&D so I took a bunch of measurements and lengthened the inner strakes and shaped them just like P.P. In the end the P&D went from high 70's to low 90's. What an experience all of that was.

I then moved to a 26 American Offshore and a 28 Cigarette SS. By 2004 I was ready for another move and by that time P.P. had found it's way to the Aqua Toy Store in S. Florida after Billy traded it in on another boat. I started negotiating a deal with ATS only to loose the deal to someone in the Bahama's. I then pursued a 28 Eliminator Daytona. After I made a deal on the cat and was heading out to pick it up ATS calls and tells me P.P. was back on the market. I passed on P.P. and enjoyed the Eliminator until 2009 when I traded it to a guy in Miami for a 2006 Z06 that I could use to do things with my young daughter.

In 2014, she was a little older and I was contemplating boats again. My friend Kevin pointed out that P.P. was for sale in Memphis. I talked to Robert who who bought it from ATS and had kept it for 10 years. After some brief consideration I passed, decided it was not the boat to get back into boating with. I bought a Formula 303 and my daughter really like it. All was well until this past spring when Kevin decided he would make another run at getting me interested in P.P. when he found it posted for one day here on OSO before the moderator axed the ad cause it that was in the forum and not the classifieds. It was for sale or trade. I got to admit I got excited and then quickly realized I needed two boats like I needed my schmeckle cut off so I kinda snubbed the idea. Kevin being the great bud that he was suggested that I consider offering the Z06 in trade. I told him I didn't have the time to haggle a deal but for him to feel free to contact the owner (John) and see what's what.

John turned out to also be into cars and got P.P. in trade for a blown 'Cuda that he traded to Robert. As it turned out he only used the boat a couple of times as he just didn't have time to use it. The idea of the Z06 got immediate interest. Initially we had a difference of opinion on the exact deal and by the end of the 1st week it was 50/50 at best. After that weekend John replied to Kevin and agreed to the deal we(he) offered but wanted it done ASAP due to some family obligations. The irony is I was driving to Georgia in two weeks for business, however, I never had any intentions of taking my Excursion on the trip.

I made the deal. I traded my Z06 that I got in trade for the Eliminator that I bought only because i was unable to buy P.P. 12 years ago. And now the boat is back home to N.O. where it all started. I guess you could say it all came "Full Circle". "Pedal Pusher" has long since been removed from the boat and since I'm not in the bicycle business or an avid cyclist I've decide to leave the name retired and start fresh with "Full Circle". perhaps not as catch as "Pedal Pusher" but equally fitting considering the circumstances.

So if you're still reading you now know my story with Full Circle (aka Pedal Pusher). It seems to have gathered some attention over time, perhaps because its one of a few Powerplays to have SSM's, and 1 of a very few SSM's that were not staggered, perhaps it was the catchy name or the fact that it's in a limited group of Powerplay sport decks (non race) that have hit the triple digit mark.

In any case I plan to keep an online diary of sorts here in the forum. Those interested in this boat boat or Powerplay's in general might find it interesting to read from time to time. I don't think that I could ever possibly compare to the thread by "Steve 1" but I'll do my best to keep it interesting and perhaps helpful to others who might be interested in getting into performance boats or have questions about Powerplays. I've gathered invaluable info from this site over the years, perhaps from time to time I'll be able to post something that will help someone else. Maybe I'll get lucky and find enough interest from others who'll share some of their good ideas with me. Anyway, thanks for reading and stay tuned, FC.
Old 07-14-2016, 10:31 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats again, Jason! OSO needs more threads like this about passion for a particular boat. I'm a big fan of this one and look forward to following.

Last edited by Keytime; 07-14-2016 at 10:41 AM.
Old 07-14-2016, 01:19 PM
Registered

congrats, any pictures of the P&D?
Old 07-14-2016, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 432 Likes on 195 Posts

Good luck with it, nice story.
Old 07-14-2016, 09:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by lowblue320
congrats, any pictures of the P&D?
Not many, here's one of my dad having fun around 1980, and twenty years later upside down in my back yard.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]557271[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]557272[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Full Circle-ae004-2-.jpg   Full Circle-ae2005-2-.jpg  
Old 07-14-2016, 10:19 PM
Registered

Default Specs

1997 33' Powerplay Sportdeck

Twin 572's
approx. 725 H.p.
solid lifter roller cams
Dart aluminum heads
Dart intake
Single 1050 Holley's worked by Big's Performance
1" Spacer
Stainless headers, dry exhaust

Bam transmissions

#4 Speedmaster drives mounted even with the bottom of the boat with now spacers
1.5:1 Ratio
19 spline
Currently has 2" spacers putting the prop 2" below the bottom
17.5 x 30 4 Blade props finished by Mercury Racing

Gaffrig gauges
Liquid filled speedometer
Tachometers
Oil pressure
Oil temperature
Water temperature
Water pressure
Fuel pressure
Volts
Fuel level

Latham full hydraulic steering

The boat can be throttled and trimed from the port or starboard side as it has:
2 complete sets of gauges
2nd set of throttles on the starboard side
2nd set of trim switches (drives and tabs) on the starboard side

The rear seat is a 3 man drop out bolster for a total of 5 drop out bolsters

Two fuel tanks, both fills are on starboard side

Paint by Kangaroo Graphics, Joey Earl.

Myco tandem axle trailer

I'll continue to add additional information
Old 07-16-2016, 02:02 PM
Registered

Very fond memories of Billy a long time client of p.p. sent me an awesome bike for my sons 5th birthday. one of my favorite boats we built, enjoy it!
Old 07-16-2016, 03:26 PM
Registered
Platinum Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Bosco
Very fond memories of Billy a long time client of p.p. sent me an awesome bike for my sons 5th birthday. one of my favorite boats we built, enjoy it!
Bosco,
Great to see you post!!! E-mail your info, Blue Skies!!! Robbie & Chris
Old 07-16-2016, 04:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bosco
Thanks Bosco and nice to meet you. Out of curiosity what was your contribution to the build?
Old 07-17-2016, 05:59 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 873 Likes on 322 Posts

Looking forward to this!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.