Any powerplay boat for sale, 25-33ft? >

Any powerplay boat for sale, 25-33ft?

Notices

Any powerplay boat for sale, 25-33ft?

Old 07-24-2018, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by NWfreerider
Keytime, that was my boat Frank Mole from ScreamAndFly bought it from me this spring without engines. He brought a moisture meter and the transom showed being saturated, which I did not know. He made me a lowball offer and because of the transom issue, I sold it to him for $15,000 instead of the $23,000 we had originally agreed on. He threw on some junk old Promaxes and is now asking for a ridiculous amount and I haven't seen any sign of the transom being fixed as it is very difficult to access and the splash well would need to be cut open. I'm not saying anything on his Scream and Fly ad but felt it was appropriate on this site.
Just curious why wouldn't you mention its wet on scream and fly?
Old 07-24-2018, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I heard today The 33 I owned which was previously owned by Indy may be coming up for sell. It is very well epuiped fast and has always been dependable for me. saw it a few months ago and still appeared in exceptional condition. The interior is however getting close to needing replacement.
Old 07-25-2018, 08:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by NWfreerider
Keytime, that was my boat Frank Mole from ScreamAndFly bought it from me this spring without engines. He brought a moisture meter and the transom showed being saturated, which I did not know. He made me a lowball offer and because of the transom issue, I sold it to him for $15,000 instead of the $23,000 we had originally agreed on. He threw on some junk old Promaxes and is now asking for a ridiculous amount and I haven't seen any sign of the transom being fixed as it is very difficult to access and the splash well would need to be cut open. I'm not saying anything on his Scream and Fly ad but felt it was appropriate on this site.
FWIW I sent him a message asking if the wet transom was replaced and his reply was "All testing and required repairs were done at Progression Boats and given a clean bill of health" So maybe it wasn't wet?
Old 07-25-2018, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=96scarab;4639889]FWIW I sent him a message asking if the wet transom was replaced and his reply was "All testing and required repairs were done at Progression Boats and given a clean bill of health" So maybe

Seems like a very generic answer to a specific question. Gotta be very careful these days.

Last edited by 272bajadriver; 07-26-2018 at 06:23 AM.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think, at the very least, the (fixing of the) wet transom should be disclosed.
Old 07-26-2018, 10:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by 96scarab
FWIW I sent him a message asking if the wet transom was replaced and his reply was "All testing and required repairs were done at Progression Boats and given a clean bill of health" So maybe it wasn't wet?
According to the moisture meter Frank brought it was pegged and beeping to indicate a very wet transom. I tried it on a few boats in my shop and my DCB indicated nothing, while an old '94 Ski Nautique showed a lot of moisture. I trusted the meter and agreed to his offer as I felt bad about the situation.
Old 07-26-2018, 10:25 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 884 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by 96scarab
Not a specific reply and seems that's he's hiding something. That being said, if it's Progression in LI then the work that was done was excellent.
Old 07-26-2018, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

yes progression did it all boat is perfect any questions just call me....nothing to hide, you guys are funny.....just call or come and look...
and wasn't as wet as I thought,took a gamble and won......I was the one who drove 3000 miles for a perfect boat....made the offer if it was no,i would had left
no **** like this..thats what men do...

Last edited by frank mole; 07-26-2018 at 11:37 AM.
Old 07-26-2018, 01:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by frank mole
yes progression did it all boat is perfect any questions just call me....nothing to hide, you guys are funny.....just call or come and look...
and wasn't as wet as I thought,took a gamble and won......I was the one who drove 3000 miles for a perfect boat....made the offer if it was no,i would had left
no **** like this..thats what men do...
If thats what men do you should disclose the transom is wet but not that wet.
https://www.screamandfly.com/showthr...play-sportdeck
Old 07-26-2018, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

every one who calls or comes by I tell the story,thanks for all your help.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.