Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerplay
Powerplay Presented by Allstar Marine at Annapolis Boat Show >

Powerplay Presented by Allstar Marine at Annapolis Boat Show

Notices

Powerplay Presented by Allstar Marine at Annapolis Boat Show

Old 10-18-2018, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 310 Likes on 182 Posts

Well, I very much enjoyed the post and pictures. I like the stern seating and stern design.
Old 10-18-2018, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

r
Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Well, I very much enjoyed the post and pictures. I like the stern seating and stern design.

Agreed, nice boat. Center consoles are very popular now and gaining all the time. Not all want, nor can they afford a huge MTI with quad 400R's with all the bling they can bring to a boat like that. Back when I was selling for a friends marina I took a Sea Ray Laguna 18 cc in trade, ran it around a lot on weekends till we sold it, boat was a blast. Simple to use, care for, just hop in, go for a ride, put it away. No fuss. Have often thought that if I were to get out of the Fountain a modest sized cc might be an option.

Power Play is a good manufacturer, has a good reputation, wish them well with their venture into this growing market. My guess would be that in time they will develop options that will allow you to tailor this model to your own style, fish, cruise, water sport, who knows. As a starting point,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Nice Boat!

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 10-18-2018 at 04:09 PM.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:32 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 876 Likes on 325 Posts

Not sure what's up with the venom here. It's a CC, they're selling better than sport boats like it or not. It's going to be expensive, out of the reach of the regular working stiff, if you're interested call the guy, I don't really see OL, Cig, MTI, Skater posting their prices so why bust balls on this thread?

My next purchase will probably be a CC for the myriad of reasons discussed ad nauseam on this forum...big deal, no reason to get sh!tty over all this. The sport boat market is a shell of it's former self and it ain't coming back...sucks but I don't see iPhone obsessed younger folks jumping into a gas guzzling money eater like we all did. BTW...Back in the day I got into my old Nordic 28 new from the factory ('02) for $65k, now it's double that...you have to be insane to purchase that thing for that price, exactly why the sport boat market is dead.
Old 10-20-2018, 01:05 PM
Registered

Received 328 Likes on 183 Posts

No venom here, Indy. Just think that if a manufacturer posts on a public forum they should at least give a idea of the pricing when asked. If they don't want questions....don't post. As I said earlier it is not my cup of tea but many do like them.

Padraig
Old 10-20-2018, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 593 Likes on 353 Posts

I like the center pass thru.

Im a fan of power plays and I like that tom mason is building them.

he better turn out some classic style power play CCs for the Caribbean. They love em down there and would sell like hot cakes. Gotta find a niche because this market is getting saturated.
Old 10-21-2018, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Well said Indy. I owned Indy’s 33 and will say without a doubt one of the finest I have owned. Hard to duplicate that unless big bucks. With that said I always heard Dan had a hard time making money on his boats due to quality he demanded. I turned 60 this year and was one of the fortunate guys to experience offshore performance at its best. Even after all these years There is still nothing like the sound of big I/O power!!! I feel it will never come back unless cost and repair downtime are drastically reduced. Just saying IMO
Old 11-02-2018, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hogie roll
I like the center pass thru.

Im a fan of power plays and I like that tom mason is building them.

he better turn out some classic style power play CCs for the Caribbean. They love em down there and would sell like hot cakes. Gotta find a niche because this market is getting saturated.
We do love the classic style PP CC down here in the Caribbean but it's a used boat market. You'll get them sold down here when they are 15-20 years old and priced in the $60-$70k range. They aren't going to sell new $200k + boats down here.

Seems to be Powerplay is struggling to find a place in the market. This is the third attempt at a come back, isn't it? First there was Latitude which kept the old hull - built only a hand full of boats then dropped off the map. Then the Powerplay name came back, starting with the old hull (I think they built one boat that went to Martinique) and then built a couple different variations including a 40 footer. Then that went quiet too. And now this latest version which is a complete redesign and bares no resemblance to the original PP that had a bit of a cult following.

I don't know.....I don't think the hardcore PP fans will have much interest in this boat and I think it will be a huge challenge to go up against the likes of Contender, Regulator, Intrepid, etc which is where I think this new model competes. I wish them the best with the new boat but I think it will be an uphill battle.
Old 11-07-2018, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 950 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by nkosi

Seems to be Powerplay is struggling to find a place in the market. This is the third attempt at a come back, isn't it? First there was Latitude which kept the old hull - built only a hand full of boats then dropped off the map. Then the Powerplay name came back, starting with the old hull (I think they built one boat that went to Martinique) and then built a couple different variations including a 40 footer. Then that went quiet too. And now this latest version which is a complete redesign and bares no resemblance to the original PP that had a bit of a cult following.

I don't know.....I don't think the hardcore PP fans will have much interest in this boat and I think it will be a huge challenge to go up against the likes of Contender, Regulator, Intrepid, etc which is where I think this new model competes. I wish them the best with the new boat but I think it will be an uphill battle.

This is spot on!

Powerplay is approaching 15 years of "out of business" as 2005 was their last year of any real production. The boating market has changed and like musical chairs when the music stops they are struggling to find a place. Other builders have the same issue even if they didn't go out of business. The big center console (39-40) was a flop, it was a 1 or 2 boat build and this boat will probably follow the same path.

If I was shopping a new 30 ft center console, Intrepid/Jupiter/Contender/SeaVee would all be in consideration. All have great reputations and strong resale. This new Powerplay has neither of those.