A few comments

Notices

A few comments

Old 12-06-2004, 10:48 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few comments

After reading the thread "Has PowerPlay Been Sold" I'm compelled to make a few comments.

I ordered a 33' PowerPlay CC in December of 1999, it was delivered in September of 2000,
on schedule. My experience with Dan Weinstein and John Boscarino including the entire
staff, was and continues to be professional. I now have over three hundred hours of
pleasurable hours of use.

Comments made by individuals on this forum are entitled to their opinions. However, I find
it very disturbing to see this forum being used to make personal slanderous attacks against
Dan Weinstein and the excellent product he manufactured for me as well as hundreds of
others.

I joined Offshoreonly.com because I believed it a great resouce for technical and
practical experience with others that share my passion for boating...and I still believe
that to be true!

Denegrating individuals in a public forumn such as Offshoreonly.com does nothing to
improve the potential of this excellent information resource.

Mike Dove
Old 12-06-2004, 05:52 PM
Registered

Default Re: A few comments

I share your opinion. I love my PP and the experiences I have had with Dan and company have been exceptional. Unfortunately it seems that a few disgruntled employees and perhaps burned creditors have decided to post their experiences. It's a shame that it has become what it has but like you said everyone is entitled to their own opinions. It rubs me the wrong way in a sense because I can almost guarantee you it would not happen with most other boat companies. Problem is that the "Board God" Steve was among one of the creditors so I'm sure it will get all the "airtime" it wants. And, if I were him and I got screwed I would probably be reacting the same way or worse. It's a bit of a catch 22 and it is bad for the brand. I hate to see it happen with such a great product but what can you do......
Old 12-07-2004, 02:36 PM
Registered

I agree with both of you! I am on my second used 33 sport, and Dan has always taken the time to listen to my ideas and my questions. I was taught that if you don't like someone to just stay away. Things said will always come back to haunt you. Besides its just not good character to bash someone else. Gentleman always speak nicely or not at all. Oh "Gentlemen".............Riiiiiiggghhht.
Anywho, Dan thanks for an awesome product.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i don't own a powerplay. but i couldn't agree more with all of the above. thank you for saying what needed to be said. wayyyyyyyy to much of the bashing goes on on this site. gentlemen???? very few on this web site. how unfortunate.

Last edited by CAFE; 12-07-2004 at 02:51 PM.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:35 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have surveyed many Powerplays over the years and have found them to be great looking, well built boats. A survey at the factory is always pleasurable because of the hospitality afforded me and the professionalism and friendliness of Dan himself and his staff.

I too have read the threads and question some of the remarks made.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

It's pretty simple just look at the people posting and look at there previous post and make your decision As PP goes I can't wait to sell mine so I can order the new 38
Old 12-10-2004, 12:39 PM
Registered

Ditto the positive comments about the product and the people who make it...including Dan. I took possession of my 33 sport fish at the height of his difficulties, and he made good on every promise and meet cost and delivery goals. I have also good things to say for the ex employees who have been so vocal on this site. John and Gar were both terrific with me. I think they have made a bad choice to be so negative on this site...there's nothing to gain and it makes them look petty.

Steve Wilson
Old 12-13-2004, 06:59 PM
Platinum Member

I need to jump in here also. I have a 1996 - 33 Sport Deck.

Although all are certainly entitled to their opinions, not one word said on this board will change my opinion of Dan. He has always been professional and courteous. He has always found a way to get my boat in the shop no matter how busy he is and how small and insignificant my needs are. His work on my boat has always been perfect. Others can say what they want I have nothing but respect for the man.

I joined this board to learn, laugh and to share when I think I can add value. That specific post is an embarrassment.

Mike
Old 12-15-2004, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a 1997 33' Powerplay (bought from Trader1) and I love the boat. Dan builds an awesome boat and has been helpful to me when I need some answers.

On the other hand, this site is for opinions, answers, etc.... We are entitled to our opinions and this site is awesome for gaining knowledge, helpful resources, etc.... Sometimes you get the good and the bad on OSO.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:25 PM
No Comment
VIP Member

Location: This post copyright, Packinair Inc. All rights reserved.

my opinion..... Why would you screw the guy that has the #1 boat site, and has owned several of your boats out of $20k?? seems pretty stupid to me, and it says something about the whole company, based on that I would never own one.

Quick Reply: A few comments

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.