DEFY'N Gravity >

DEFY'N Gravity

Notices

DEFY'N Gravity

Old 01-31-2005, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: DEFY'N Gravity

Key West looks a little warmer then it is up here. Couple more months.

The AT is looking good too. I'd like to see them run side by side, since they have the same power!!!!
Old 01-31-2005, 12:08 PM
Registered
Platinum Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm afraid that the Active Thunder will pull away hands down! Both boats have the KE 675's and IMCO SC's. The PP 38 is bigger that the AT 37', and more weight. No doubt about it Jeff built a great looking boat! Jeff, I knew you would get a kick out of that picture. However, Jeff's current boat, a 43' NOR-TECH, NOW THAT"S A RIDE!!!! Blue Skies, Robbie
Attached Thumbnails DEFY'N Gravity-0r75178-r3-024-10a.jpg   DEFY'N Gravity-0r75165-r2-036-16a.jpg   DEFY'N Gravity-0r75165-r2-034-15a_1.jpg  

Old 01-31-2005, 12:15 PM
Registered

If I remember right, you were dialed in at about 95mph, is that right?? I don't think that is too shabby in a 38' deep freeboard boat!! Pretty dang good. What did yours end up weighing in at dry? ~10,000#??? Keep the pics coming if you got more.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:18 PM
Registered

Just noticed the rear of your sunpad; is that a cutout for air intake? I can't make it out in the pic.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:06 PM
Registered
Platinum Member
VIP Member

Yes, the sun pad was modified By Bill Forristall @ Custom Marine Upholstery in FT. Lauderdale, they did all of the upholstery on the boat. We had the pad modified prior to the Key West Poker Run. The fastest we've had the boat is 92 MPH prior to loosing the herring props, with new lab props I believe there is 2-4 MPH left in the boat. The boats dry weight is about 11,250#, it weighs allot more than I was lead to believe that it would. That being said, the boat rocks, just trying to work out issues, Robbie
Old 01-31-2005, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 166 Likes on 66 Posts

Looks great Robbie! I was afraid you had sold her. We met a few years ago in a parking lot on the way home from the Cumberland run and I had that boat stuck in my head for a long time. Looking forward to seeing you back down there and if I could get a ride on here I could die a happy man.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:01 PM
Registered
Platinum Member
VIP Member

Boatfreak28, No, we still have her. We should be @ the Cumberland poker run this year! Look forward to taken you for a ride.

Fred, Thanks! How are things going? Long road to get there, but we keep plugging away! Are you going to Miami? I should be there Fri-Mon, there is a cold beer in you future!!!

Trying to resize picture and failing miserably, I will try more tomorrow, I have to go fly in about two hours!
Attached Thumbnails DEFY'N Gravity-dsc_0554.jpg  
Old 02-04-2005, 04:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DEFYN GRAVITY
Yes, the sun pad was modified By Bill Forristall @ Custom Marine Upholstery in FT. Lauderdale, they did all of the upholstery on the boat. We had the pad modified prior to the Key West Poker Run. The fastest we've had the boat is 92 MPH prior to loosing the herring props, with new lab props I believe there is 2-4 MPH left in the boat. The boats dry weight is about 11,250#, it weighs allot more than I was lead to believe that it would. That being said, the boat rocks, just trying to work out issues, Robbie
That is an awesome boat. I love it. How does it do out in the big stuff ? My 25 handles awesome. I have always wondered how the bigger ones would ride. I know it's a way different mold and design but I wondered if they kept the actual quality the same. I would not trade my 25 for anything but a 38 or maybe a Top Gun.
Old 02-05-2005, 10:53 PM
Registered
Platinum Member
VIP Member

FF, It's been a long week! This is from last summer on Dale Hallow, love it down there! The hull likes big water, no rattles, the boat is solid.
Attached Thumbnails DEFY'N Gravity-dsc_0626.jpg  
Old 02-06-2005, 09:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DEFYN GRAVITY
FF, It's been a long week! This is from last summer on Dale Hallow, love it down there! The hull likes big water, no rattles, the boat is solid.
That's great to hear. That's what I thought. It's been kind of difficult to get an honest opinion around here on PP's lately because of all of the issues with the company. Post 4, second pic looks like Faro Blanco in Marathon. Go down there much ? My parents and I have a house about a mile north of Faro Blanco. Let me know when you are going to be down here and we'll hook up. Enjoy that bad boy. It's awesome.

Quick Reply: DEFY'N Gravity

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.