Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
Hydromotive 5 blades on 97 Avenger? >

Hydromotive 5 blades on 97 Avenger?

Notices

Hydromotive 5 blades on 97 Avenger?

Old 05-20-2005, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hydromotive 5 blades on 97 Avenger?

Looking into the P5-X from Hydromotive. Running the 25 Mirage Plus right now. They are ok but tend to slip out of the hole and mid range sucks. I was wondering if anyone has tried the 5 blades on a non-step hull. I am going to try a set of Hydro 4's this weekend to see how those act. I really like the cool factor of the P5's especially if they work as good as the guys at Hydromotive say. Oh I almost forgot, My 38 has HP500's, 1.5 B1 drives.
Thanks
Josh
Old 05-20-2005, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Hydromotive 5 blades on 97 Avenger?

The guys at Hydro really know there stuff! I had a Scarab a while back and put one their props on and was the perfect match. Seemed to be slow out of the hole due to such a large diameter. But cruise and top end were fantastic! And best of all no blow out! I can only imagine how good the 5 blade must be. With the size of your boat and weight it should be a good match. I would think you'd get a little more lift???
Old 05-20-2005, 09:24 AM
Registered

Thats what I'm shooting for. They guys at Hydromotive were very knowledgable and you can't go wrong with their return program. It's worth a try. I will post results.
Thanks
Josh
Old 05-20-2005, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, I can't believe you are running Mirages on that boat.

Keep us posted on your test results. I am considering trying some P5X's myself.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:30 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Macklin
What props do you run? I also am running Bravos, 30p but I'm looking to start testing

Rich.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:47 AM
Registered

Rich, I tested many different four blade props last spring including Hydro P4 and P4X. I went back to stock 28P Bravo's because no other 4 blader gives the mid range speeds of the stock Bravo's. They are good at getting my pig out of the hole as well. I do like the top end speed of the labbed 30P Bravos, but they are like 5mph slower between 3-4000 rpms where I spend most of my time.

I did get to ride recently in a boat with the P5X's and was not impressed with the mid range speeds. And that was a 35 Lightning, which should be similar to mine with equal power. I am also slightly concerned about the added stress on the drives with the 5 bladers. We often have to deal with air time on the Chesapeake Bay.

Last edited by Macklin; 05-21-2005 at 06:51 AM.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Macklin
Wow, I can't believe you are running Mirages on that boat.

Keep us posted on your test results. I am considering trying some P5X's myself.
I know, I know! I'm pretty sure they were stock set up. They sure do suck. I just got the boat and haven't had much time on it yet. I know next week new props will be ordered just have to decide on Hydro 4's or 5's
Old 05-22-2005, 08:47 PM

Hey Josh, do you live on the south arm? I live about a mile from the Ironton Ferry on the Boyne City side. We were out on the lake Sat. what a beautiful day. Have you seen YZBERT's new 382 ? I seen it in Boyne City, it is awesome.
Old 05-23-2005, 06:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Perfectmix
I know, I know! I'm pretty sure they were stock set up. They sure do suck. I just got the boat and haven't had much time on it yet. I know next week new props will be ordered just have to decide on Hydro 4's or 5's
I found the P4's (cleaver style) to work incredibly well at speeds with their stern lifting ability. And fast! They were total crap out of the hole. REAL hard keeping them hooked up. As a matter of fact, I could not even get on plane with the stock pair I tried. Barely could with a labbed pair.

The P4X's (bravo style) were very similar in characteristics to the...uhm...Bravos. Just not as fast at cruise. At least the pair I tried. Throttle Up has a great loaner program if you want to try some out before buying.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JB4Boyne
Hey Josh, do you live on the south arm? I live about a mile from the Ironton Ferry on the Boyne City side. We were out on the lake Sat. what a beautiful day. Have you seen YZBERT's new 382 ? I seen it in Boyne City, it is awesome.
What's up John.

I live 10 miles North of E.J. off M66. I haven't seen that new 382 yet but I would love to meet YZBERT and check out his new boat. Those 382's are sweet. I had to work all day Saturday, being that is was nice, everyone wanted concrete and that is a good thing. Hope to be out soon.
Josh

Quick Reply: Hydromotive 5 blades on 97 Avenger?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.