34' Powerquest performance

Notices

34' Powerquest performance

Old 12-30-2005, 10:51 PM
Registered

Received 760 Likes on 410 Posts
Default Re: 34' Powerquest performance

Originally Posted by performancemary
If there is a 34 with that severe a problem comming up on plane someone has messed with it. Could be a combination of things but props has to be a part.All I can say is except fo som bow rise mine comes up quick and strong, full tank, full of people or both she comes up nice.
Mentalpause has the full details as it was he who took the ill-fated ride. It was a new boat. Mental was shoping at the time looking for an upgrade from his 270 Laser. He took out the 34 PQ, a 33 AVH, 33 Outlaw, and the 32 Dominator. I can only guess that the X-diminsion was set high on the boat and it had a set of tall 3-blades on it. Hopefully Mental chimes in with the full details when he gets back from LOTO tomorrow. Obviously something was seriously wrong with the boat as it was so bad, everyone that took the ride agreed that they would never buy that particular boat the way it performed. We know others do not have this problem so it was something in the setup of this boat.
The following users liked this post:
wwwTOPDJcom (03-15-2021)
Old 12-31-2005, 04:20 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just for reference...I know much of this thread is about newer step'd hull boats...my 95 34 with 454 mags, bone stock, planes easy without tabs, with tabs she'll plane at 2.1k rpm and I have hit 71, once 72 on the gps (1 person, low fuel, right conditions).

Happy New Year!

Jeff
Old 12-31-2005, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
it had a set of tall 3-blades on it.
That's why.
wwwTOPDJcom (03-15-2021)
Old 12-31-2005, 08:59 AM
MK
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3 blades don't work - the boat was designed and tested with bravo 4 blades. It should have come from the factory with 4 blades but the dealer may have put the wrong props on the boat when it was put in the water.
wwwTOPDJcom (03-15-2021)
Old 12-31-2005, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear these comments. I really didn't want to have to take the vyper off the wish list.....
Old 12-31-2005, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My boat is very tempermental as far as props are concerned. I've tried many different types of 4 blades.....stock Bravos, labbed Bravos, stock Hydros, labbed Hydros. Ended up going back to a new pair of stock Bravos which is what came on the boat. (Bad lab job on the originals.) They just are the best for my boat. She comes up great with no blow out whatsoever. And cruises at 50/3500 and 60/4000. Not bad for a boat with that much cabin eh?

Last edited by Macklin; 12-31-2005 at 10:11 AM.
Old 12-31-2005, 04:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MK
3 blades don't work - the boat was designed and tested with bravo 4 blades. It should have come from the factory with 4 blades but the dealer may have put the wrong props on the boat when it was put in the water.
That would make since, I'm sure Jim Gibbs just through something on there and figured it would work
Old 12-31-2005, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 91 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by cbgenrl
At least it would be the fastest PQ on the lake if not the longest

I am hearing mixed reviews on the 34 getting on plane. Everything from its the worst boat people have ever been in to it planes just fine with the tabs down. I am not sure what to believe at this point, and if the 2000 hull changes make a difference or not. I have never been in one, but I think the vyper would be a nice addition to our lake I have eyed up Pmary's boat several times and I keep getting PM's that its for sale

Too bad I am looking at houses
Don't believe any of it, find one you are interested in and test it yourself. Then if you like it - buy it. It would be a great boat for you.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:20 PM
Registered

Received 91 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by PWRQWST
That would make since, I'm sure Jim Gibbs just through something on there and figured it would work
It wasn't Gibbs, Raymond's had PQ then. I'm sure it was just a bad set up. And it was really bad. I'm not sure what props were on it, but it was definitely not right.

Unfortunately it was a pretty uninformed sales person also that had no clue how to even answer the concern. He finally got it up on plane, and after about 2 minutes running at around 60 we ran out of gas. Not a pleasant experience. They probably would be better off doing the demos with their senior mechanic who knows what is going on.

But then again - Raymond's concentrates on Fountains.
Old 01-01-2006, 03:58 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Alrighty, who made the road trip?

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 01-01-2006 at 04:03 AM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply: 34' Powerquest performance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.