29 Enticer Owners >

29 Enticer Owners

Notices

29 Enticer Owners

Old 12-15-2005, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 29 Enticer Owners

Like Rick said, I've owned both a 280 (1999) and now a 290 (1996). The 280 is a pretty big boat, but there is no comparison to the 290. Consider that the 280 is really 27'7", the 290 is 29'1" (I believe). Add in that the 290 is probably 1500 lbs more (at least) than the 280, and it is much more of a wave crusher. We didn't get out on ours as much this year as I would've liked (though that certainly helped on the gas bill!) but I thought the 290 felt much bigger than the 280. "Enticer" is a pretty stupid name, though.

Dislikes - well, my 290 is used, so there are some things I'm trying to get caught up on, maintenance-wise. In terms of design, it has the crappy Faria guages. I'll never understand why PQ (and others) use this stuff - just raise the price $500 and put in Gaffrigs or Livorsi and call it done.

The cabin door is not a great design, but I think its more to do with crappy hardware (sliders) than with the general design. Definitely not designed to be maintenance-friendly, though I don't know of any boat that really is, in this area.

Cockpit on the 290 is BIG! Big enough to put a pedestal table in front of the bench. Mine is so equipped, you can put the table in the cabin or on cockpit. Lots of stowage (a PQ hallmark). I have the weekender package, fridge, micro, sink, porta-pottie with pump-out, all pretty standard. After 10 years my cockpit vinyl is in OK condition, cabin looks great.

Engine access is tight, but what 29 footer with twins is going to give you sit down room to wrench? Not going to happen. I'm not a fan of PQ's rigging, it can be a little sloppy under the hatch but it is OK for a production builder.

All in all, we like the combination of room and performance (and windshield) that PQ offered. Let me know if you're looking in a couple years, I might be ready to move on mine (and by then, I'll have all of my little projects done ).
Old 12-15-2005, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 92 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by dockrocker
The cabin door is not a great design, but I think its more to do with crappy hardware (sliders) than with the general design. Definitely not designed to be maintenance-friendly, though I don't know of any boat that really is, in this area.

I do - a boat that the cabin door works without maintanance. I had 450 hours of beat the snot out of my 2000 dominator in LOTO and the door slides as easy now as it did when it was new.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know finding one for sale never seems to be an issue. Now a nice one may be another story! I would guess that PQ built more 29's than any other model with the 26 at a close 2nd. My problem is it's not the eye candy type of boat I want, but for someone with a family it's about the only thing at a decent price in a go fast that offers ample room to move around. As well as a good dry ride. So based on the replies it sounds like the 310 or 300 hp 454 were the most common.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:32 PM
Registered

29 is one of my favorite PQs. I bought a 27 in 1998 and later that fall they came out with a special in 29s with twin 7.4s at a huge discounted price. At that time they thought they were going to retire that hull because they were working on the 28 and 30. We know what happened to the 30.

I think they found out they did not want to retire the 29 - it was way too good to do that.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:54 AM
Registered

So far I have had no problems with my cabin door.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I never had issues with my 29's door but the 38 could slide a little better.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:14 AM
Registered

29 is one of my favorite PQs. I bought a 27 in 1998 and later that fall they came out with a special in 29s with twin 7.4s at a huge discounted price. At that time they thought they were going to retire that hull because they were working on the 28 and 30. We know what happened to the 30.
What happened to the 30 footer? Is it the Revenge? Is there any difference (other than 1 foot) between the 29 and the 30?
Old 12-16-2005, 12:21 PM
Registered

Over all length difference is less then a foot. The 30 is a stepped hull, but as I understand it PQ had lots of problems with the first design. They finally scrapped it and started over but the process took a few years. They spent a lot of time finding out what didn't work before they made your hull.

When I looked at them the cockpit seemed smaller then the 29, I think more room when to the engine compartment on the revenge.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PWRQWST
I never had issues with my 29's door but the 38 could slide a little better.
Get rid of that stinken door and drop the weight.

And go buy that backup pair of SC's that you heard about tonight. That way while the current ones are being rebuilt you will have another set to drop in
Old 12-16-2005, 10:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cbgenrl
Over all length difference is less then a foot. The 30 is a stepped hull, but as I understand it PQ had lots of problems with the first design. They finally scrapped it and started over but the process took a few years. They spent a lot of time finding out what didn't work before they made your hull.

When I looked at them the cockpit seemed smaller then the 29, I think more room when to the engine compartment on the revenge.
Slums on dock 3 now - your property value went down.

Quick Reply: 29 Enticer Owners

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.