Exhaust Tips

Notices

Exhaust Tips

Old 02-19-2006, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Exhaust Tips

Originally Posted by Fast Forward
I changed out the tips on my last PQ due to the inside flappers burning out. Tough part as I recall was getting the old ones off. Looks like I'll order up a new set.
True. I should not have said they come right off. Breaking them loose was far more work than sliding the new ones in.

Last edited by Macklin; 02-19-2006 at 06:26 PM.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had it done about 6 years ago when I added silent choice. The combination of silent choice and non muffler-ed exhaust tips is definitely the best of both worlds. I would think you might use some type of marine silicone on the inside flange of the new tip to prevent water damage to the transom.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:11 PM
Registered

I am making plans now to replace my Corsa Muffler tips with Silent Choice and non-muffled tips. Has there been any discussion about internal vs external flappers? Internal looks better, for sure. External looks to be easier to repair.

Another question, anyone remove their turbolator inserts in the manifold risers? Any reason not to remove this restriction (other than warranty concerns)?
Old 02-23-2006, 06:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When did they put such a thing in the riser? Would my 97 454 mag efi have them?

I prefer the inner flapps myself.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dave98
I am making plans now to replace my Corsa Muffler tips with Silent Choice and non-muffled tips. Has there been any discussion about internal vs external flappers? Internal looks better, for sure. External looks to be easier to repair.

Another question, anyone remove their turbolator inserts in the manifold risers? Any reason not to remove this restriction (other than warranty concerns)?
Hey Dave,
From what I hear it is not a good idea to remove the Turbolator. They burn off the water before allowing to drop back down into the manifolds after shutting your engines off. Eventually the water may get into your engine. Not worth the few pony's you may gain.
Jamie
Old 02-23-2006, 09:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fast Forward
When did they put such a thing in the riser? Would my 97 454 mag efi have them?

I prefer the inner flapps myself.

i think this is what they are talking about. am i right?
Attached Images  
Old 02-24-2006, 05:22 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats the inner flapper on the tip.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by littlejake
i think this is what they are talking about. am i right?
http://www.cpperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=2726

Mates between the Exhaust riser and manifold.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:45 AM
Registered

Thanks for all of the info. Sounds like inner flapper is the preferred choice and I probably should leave the turbolator alone.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:04 AM
Registered

One thing to consider is that not all Straight thrus have a matching bolt pattern with the Corsa mufflers possibly causing you to plug and redrill. My corsa's were bonded and sealed with 5200 which made them a royal ***** to get off. Had to use heat and make a puller to get them off without damaging the transom gelcoat. Since I found out the hard way that my bolt patterns did not match I hardwood and epoxy plugged the old holes and redrilled. I used Eddie marine tips with internal no burn flappers. These would appear to let water go bye as they are not the more restrictive counterweighted butterfly types so I opted to also leave the external flappers on as added protection especially while beached in channels where the transom is exposed to passing boat wake (probably anal). A very small gain was realized but it sounds better. You will need more stereo wattage however.

As to the rally, I am hoping the new PQ guys would be the first choice but if not, being a Grand Haven resident I would hope the West side in August would be a starting point.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Tips

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.