Exhaust Tips >

Exhaust Tips

Notices

Exhaust Tips

Old 03-09-2006, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Exhaust Tips

I wish they used silicone for mine. Kinda indicates that they really had no build standard when putting boats together. Whatever the installer felt like using. 5200 is extremely permanent. However, even with the ***** of getting the muflers off, I still think the transom should be extremely well sealed and some silicones are really not up to the task. My Corsa mufflers had an extremely large outside diameter with studs going into the transom from the outside.
Old 03-09-2006, 06:50 PM
Registered

this is something I have been wanting to do also, are there any pics out there of the tips you guys are using? Has anyone gutted the tips you have now? I assume what I see up in the tips I have now are the mufflers, right? And just where is the turbulator plate at?
Old 03-09-2006, 09:15 PM
Registered

Yea, I would check into it a little closer. I think my mufflers were a larger diameter than some of the ones removed by other board members. I remember seeing a more compact muffler on 496 installs. I can't imagine any 4" tip flange coming close to the diameter of the corsas I removed. You would need over an 1" flashing to get the bolt holes close. 380 your welcome to my shop to look at what I have done.

Last edited by migpilot; 03-09-2006 at 09:22 PM.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by powerquest 380
this is something I have been wanting to do also, are there any pics out there of the tips you guys are using? Has anyone gutted the tips you have now? I assume what I see up in the tips I have now are the mufflers, right? And just where is the turbulator plate at?

look at post number 26

item number 19
Old 03-09-2006, 10:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by migpilot
Yea, I would check into it a little closer. I think my mufflers were a larger diameter than some of the ones removed by other board members. I remember seeing a more compact muffler on 496 installs. I can't imagine any 4" tip flange coming close to the diameter of the corsas I removed. You would need over an 1" flashing to get the bolt holes close. 380 your welcome to my shop to look at what I have done.
OK here is the low down on my install. The mufflers I took off had a total outside diameter of 5 1/2" see picture 1

and the new tips from Eddie Marine were 4"....BUT they have a 3/4" flange all the way around making the overall 6" see picture 2

and as for what is inside see the rest of the pics on the next post.

I hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails Exhaust Tips-1.jpg   Exhaust Tips-2.jpg  

Last edited by littlejake; 03-09-2006 at 11:03 PM.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:51 PM
Registered

ok pictures of the mufflers
Attached Thumbnails Exhaust Tips-3.jpg   Exhaust Tips-4.jpg   Exhaust Tips-5.jpg  

Old 03-09-2006, 10:53 PM
Registered

I hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails Exhaust Tips-6.jpg   Exhaust Tips-7.jpg   Exhaust Tips-8.jpg  

Old 03-10-2006, 07:11 AM
Registered

Your excellent photo journal work has confirmed my suspicion that the mufflers on my install were much larger. I can not measure them now as I have since sold them but the outside diameter was at least 7" or more. After looking on the corsa website the mufflers used for 500HP and above are quite a bit larger. I probably should have just guted my mufflers rather than do transom surgery but I still would have had to pull them.

Last edited by migpilot; 03-10-2006 at 07:19 AM.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:41 AM
Registered

thanks for the info littlejake
Old 03-11-2006, 03:00 PM
Registered

Does anyone have any knowledge of the Corsa ASR Tunable exhaust tips?... just wondering if their tips are like the Supertrapp motorcycle exhaust system that you adjust the sound by the number of discs inside the muffler...

Quick Reply: Exhaust Tips

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.