Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
Power hatch relay >

Power hatch relay

Notices

Power hatch relay

Old 08-29-2007, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

could also be your gears are stripped on your lift... i took mine apart and the screw at the bottom of the ram was stripped completely
Old 08-29-2007, 02:08 PM
Registered

If it just happened without notice, its likely a fuse or connection.

If you messed with your batteries at all I would check and verify all connections at the Batt and Relay are good.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:20 PM
Registered

Ok, I will check that.. I think with how well and how normal it had been working that it is probably not stripped. I think it has to be electrical. If it still works going down but wont work going up, that wouldn't be a fuse would it??
Old 08-29-2007, 03:25 PM
Registered

really sounds like a wiring issue -- either you have the relay and one is bad -- or the wire to the UP side is loose/broken ect..
Old 08-30-2007, 09:13 AM
Registered

I had the power lead to my relay disconnected the other day and the hatch would go down. Not sure why really but it did.

I was in the middle of chasing down a voltage problem when I found it. My gripe with my boat is wiring... IMO it was not wired to take lake michigan abuse. Dash is daisy chained together and found the connection off the blower switch was poor/starting to fail..thus everything after the blower was not getting appropriate voltage. I will be permanently fixing that prob over winter.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cbgenrl
Dash is daisy chained together and found the connection off the blower switch was poor/starting to fail..thus everything after the blower was not getting appropriate voltage.
I bet many manufactures do this. The dash panel can be pre-wired at a bench, then the final connections made in the boat. Saves time for the installers, but probably not the best way for a boat. I'm going to gut my dash this winter and do it the right way too. It helps that I'm an electrician and just want things done the right way
Old 09-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed the relays for the power hatch last night and everything went great. looking at the drawing in an earlier post can somebody tell me what size fuse to use in the 12v + wire ? I am guessing 20 amp.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:31 PM
Registered

20 amp fuse for 12 gauge wire or 30 amp fuse for 10 gauge wire. The relays should be rated 30 amp if using the 30 amp fuses.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:38 PM
Registered

I am having problems wiring this up. At the dash I have a dpdt switch wired with the power and grounds crossing making an x, and the output wires for up and down in the middle. These are going straight to my hatch rams. When I put in the relay wired like the diagram states I get nothing. Can someone help me. Here is the image of my current set up. Thank you in advance.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:17 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 981 Likes on 497 Posts

what relay diagram are you trying to use? the one i posted a picture of??? if that the case then the problem is the power supply you have going to the switch....dissconnect that battery feed from your dash switch.

If you have the relays wired up for a positive trigger then dissconnect the negative feed so only battery power is supplied to the relays....

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!

Quick Reply: Power hatch relay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.