Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
Power hatch relay >

Power hatch relay

Notices

Power hatch relay

Old 03-07-2008, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have it hooked up like your diagram. I will disconnect the power at the switch and see what happens. Do I leave it grounded the same way it is now? Thanks for the input.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:02 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 981 Likes on 497 Posts

in my relay diagram you will see that the switch only supply's a ground to trigger the relays.....you dont need any 12v supply tot he dash switch for this application......but make sure you have the relays wired correctly....they do need a constant 12v supply or you wont get anything out of them......if you want to test the relay setup....just take the two leads that would be going to the switch and put one to ground....it should trigger your hatch ram to go in one direction...then take the other lead and put that one to ground instead...should make the hatch go the other way...

the way you have it wired right now, the polarity is reversing each way you throw the switch......so if you were to take a volt meter across your two leads going to the hatch ram and hit the up button you would get 12v positive......hit the switch down and you would get 12v but the opposite polarity...meaning that what was positive in the up position is now negative in the down position....

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 03-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input. I am going to hopefully get this finished tomorrow.