New to the site! >

New to the site!

Notices

New to the site!

Old 08-15-2006, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the site!

Hello Everyone! I'm new to the site, but not new to boating. I'm considering a '96 Powerquest Enticer FX with twin 7.4MPI's (330hp). Boat has 275 hours on it and needs a really good polishing, waxing, cleanup. It comes with a dual axle galvanized trailer. I had the boat surveyed and it came back good. The guy wants $35k and won't budge.

My question is, how does this price compare? Would I be doing pretty good with this price?

Thanks!
Old 08-15-2006, 09:13 AM
Registered

Default Re: New to the site!

I know where you could get one that *doesn't* need a good clean-up for just a few bucks more

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-11517.html

And $38K would take it home today...

-----

More seriously, it's very hard to tell if $35K is a good deal or not. Any '96 is 10 years old - I've seen some 10 year old boats that are spotless, and some that are absolutely beat to crap. It really depends on the individual boat.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:44 AM
Registered

I've looked at your boat. It's at Waters Edge Marina. I can't remember the gentleman that I spoke to that day though. I think he said he was a friend of yours and has a Sunsation?

Either way, the one I'm looking at isn't beat, it just needs a really really good cleaning.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That seems to be a pretty good price for a 96 ,assuming it just needs a good cleaning. I'm assuming the 330's are carbs?? If so that will be a turn off for about 50% of the buyers. I can say having had both I'd opt for the EFI any day of the week. Only downfall with the EFI's is they are what they are for the most part. The carbs you can modify much easier. As for the boat , that's my next move , and will make for #3 in the powerquest family that I've owned.

Funny thing is you can spend that much on a 26 easy!

By the where will you be boating?
Old 08-15-2006, 12:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by scooter magavin
I've looked at your boat. It's at Waters Edge Marina. I can't remember the gentleman that I spoke to that day though. I think he said he was a friend of yours and has a Sunsation?

Either way, the one I'm looking at isn't beat, it just needs a really really good cleaning.
It's there now, but I'm planning to bring it home this week (long story....). I'm at the point that if it sells, great, if not, no big deal. I was just down there last week and my baby needs a good wash - apparently lots of dust in that building.... hmmm. I've got a friend of mine that is going to wheel out the deck once I get her back.

If you're interested in my boat or just want to shoot the sh!t about the 290s or PQ in general (I've owned two), let me know - my number is in the classifed ad on this site.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fast Forward
That seems to be a pretty good price for a 96 ,assuming it just needs a good cleaning. I'm assuming the 330's are carbs?? If so that will be a turn off for about 50% of the buyers. I can say having had both I'd opt for the EFI any day of the week. Only downfall with the EFI's is they are what they are for the most part. The carbs you can modify much easier. As for the boat , that's my next move , and will make for #3 in the powerquest family that I've owned.

Funny thing is you can spend that much on a 26 easy!

By the where will you be boating?
Hi FF! The engines are MPI (multi port injection). I had a mechanic plug into the engine computers to verify the hours and they match the hour meters. I'm not into modifying boat engines, I'd rather have reliability.

I live near Lake St. Clair. But the boat will be used for weekend runs to Cedar Pointe, Put In Bay, Grand Bend, etc.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forums and good lucky with the buy. I have a 96 270 laser, great hulls.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Welcome, and good luck with your buy.

Rich.