Anchoring a 34' viper >

Anchoring a 34' viper

Notices

Anchoring a 34' viper

Old 12-10-2006, 10:04 AM
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anchoring a 34' viper

I just purchased that 34' viper yesterday. My 26' had a anchor locker up in the bow, this boat doesn't . How do you guys manage your anchoring.Where do you store your anchor? How do you climb out on the bow? It's going to be a LONG winter.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anchoring a 34' viper

I used the area under the rear seat to store my anchor in the 34' and now the 38'. It is about the only area that is large enough for a good anchor and easy to get too. If I have to anchor off the front, I walk around the outside of he windshield. On my 34' I was able to step on the front bolster and climb over the windshield, but that was a long step to get over the windshield with an anchor in hand. Now I just throw the anchor from the back and tie off from the back of the boat, so I do not have to go out on the bow.

Tim
Old 12-10-2006, 10:45 AM
Platinum Member

Thanks, You just addressed 2 or 3 of my concerns, again thanks for the help. I like this OSO site!!!!
Old 12-10-2006, 12:30 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 541 Posts

http://www.slideanchor.com/box.asp

The Box Anchor is the best anchor on the market, AND it folds down for compact storage.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=72668

I keep mine padded in a duffel bag, with a mechanic's fender cover to protect the boat when I am pulling the anchor out, or in, and when its in storage. It works great. Just throw the shoulder strap on your shoulder and carry it up to the bow. Anchoring off the transom is not ideal in seas that have significant movement as your anchor could potentially hold your transom down and let a wave break over your transom. If you have a single anchor out, in a pack of boats; you will not swing with the wind/current the same way the others do if they are all anchored off of their bows which = collision.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 12-10-2006 at 12:35 PM.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Powerful Addiction
I used the area under the rear seat to store my anchor in the 34' and now the 38'. It is about the only area that is large enough for a good anchor and easy to get too. If I have to anchor off the front, I walk around the outside of he windshield. On my 34' I was able to step on the front bolster and climb over the windshield, but that was a long step to get over the windshield with an anchor in hand. Now I just throw the anchor from the back and tie off from the back of the boat, so I do not have to go out on the bow.

Tim
I do the same , but after tossing the anchor off the back of the boat i will take the anchor line to the bow to tie off. Saves me from bringing the anchor up to the bow and keeps my nose into the wind/waves.
The following users liked this post:
wwwTOPDJcom (03-31-2021)
Old 12-10-2006, 07:07 PM
Registered

I forgot to ad in my first post that I purchased a coated anchor to match the boat, which protects the boats finish as I pull it up. If I do tie off to the front, I do walk the line back and then pull it up from the side. The coated anchor has been great!

Tim
Old 12-11-2006, 12:06 PM
Registered

I bought a canvas mechanics tool bag from Home Depot. There are many different sizes. It holds the anchor and rope. It also helps protect the boat when we are bringing the anchor up or down. It is easy to hose out for cleaning.

Congrats on the boat. Pictures?
Old 12-11-2006, 12:31 PM
Registered

That anchor locker is one of the nicest features on the 26. It's a shame they did away with them. I was to understand there were some warranty issues.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:46 PM
Registered

Do what a boater w/ a 34 vyper we use 2 boat w/ always did! Wait 4 somebody else 2 always throw out the hook and come sliding in 4 a raft up!!!!!
The following users liked this post:
wwwTOPDJcom (03-31-2021)
Old 12-12-2006, 09:03 PM
Pressurized
Platinum Member

Top Knot sells a nice bag that holds the anchor and the rope. They are shaped in a triangle to duplicate the anchor and come in a wide range of colors, work very well

Quick Reply: Anchoring a 34' viper

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.