Questions about Batt. Charger & Hatch Accuator >

Questions about Batt. Charger & Hatch Accuator

Notices

Questions about Batt. Charger & Hatch Accuator

Old 04-25-2007, 10:30 AM
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Questions about Batt. Charger & Hatch Accuator

Just picked up my 34' last weekend and am now trying to find out how everything works. There has been alot of talk here about hatch accuators failing,mine works really slow, it does appear that it is wired with 10 ga. wire. If it fails how do you get the hatch up to change it ?. 2nd question, My boat has 3 batteries, 2 battery switches and a C-charger brand battery charger, my question is do the battery switches have to be on to charge the batteries ?
Old 04-25-2007, 04:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rrentsch
Just picked up my 34' last weekend and am now trying to find out how everything works. There has been alot of talk here about hatch accuators failing,mine works really slow, it does appear that it is wired with 10 ga. wire. If it fails how do you get the hatch up to change it ?. 2nd question, My boat has 3 batteries, 2 battery switches and a C-charger brand battery charger, my question is do the battery switches have to be on to charge the batteries ?
If your hatch lift is connected like mine you can open it with no power, just lift hard on the hatch to over come the initial resistance. The end of the accuator rod should just be a slip fit into the bracket under the hatch.Next time you have the hatch open lift on it by hand and the rod from the accuator should pop out. I am not 100% sure and depending how every thing is wired i believe the switches need to be on for charging.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery charger

Where is your battery charger located ? I purchased mine back in August and it has a breaker for the charger but i dont see one in the engine bay, is it under the floor area ? How can i tell if i have one ?
Old 04-26-2007, 11:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I turn my bat switches on "all" while I charge mine, it seems to work that way other wise I don't believe it will charge otherwise. I lift my engine hatch every weekend, it is heavy but I ordered my new lift this week. Good luck.

Rich.

Last edited by PWRQWST; 04-26-2007 at 11:41 AM.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:36 PM
Pressurized
Platinum Member

Default battery charger

The charger is mounted to the bulkhead just in front of the port engine. PQ alwys has several circut breakers on the pannel that are available if you want to add an option that the original buyer did not order.
My Viper was the same way. It didn'y have a charger but it had a breaker for it. Also had a breaker for hot water and other things the the boat was not ordered with.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:12 AM
Registered

Is it relativly easy to install a charger if your boat was not equipped with one ?
Old 04-28-2007, 08:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by laszlo01
Is it relativly easy to install a charger if your boat was not equipped with one ?
I believe so.Try going to a local marine supply store( West Marine ) and they should be able to walk you thru the install. Plus they will have any of the little things you need to finish the job.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:10 PM
Registered

Default To PWRQST

Yuo mentioned you just ordered a new lift, where from. Is yours now wired with the #10 ga.??
Let us know how the new one works out.
Thanks
Old 04-29-2007, 07:52 PM
Platinum Member

Default Sun Pad Lift Cylinder

I checked my sun pad lift cylinder this weekend, the cylinder rod is pinned directly to the underside of the pad. If it fails can you still force the sun pad open with the cylinder rod still attached ?
Old 04-30-2007, 06:16 AM
Registered

Received 260 Likes on 128 Posts

Yes
the rod slides inside the cylinder

Quick Reply: Questions about Batt. Charger & Hatch Accuator

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.