Vyper vs. Avenger??? >

Vyper vs. Avenger???

Notices

Vyper vs. Avenger???

Old 07-25-2007, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by performancemary
Dave, I would estimate about 3 mabey 4 MPH diff with the new hull. Way to tell the difference is measure the distance from the bottom og the transom tie down bolt to the bottom of the hull if it is close to 1 inch you have at least a hull where they started to make the change. If it is clearlly over an inch ,more in the 2 plus zone you have the older step hull.

Look at the lower right hand corner of the attached picture. This is the new hull
The tie down ring is nearly as low as it can go on our boat by my pictures as the boat is not at the house to measure it. It appears it would be less than and not more than an inch anyway. I was told that Powerquest worked to get the hull and props dialed in on this boat. Thanks Mary.
Dave
Old 07-25-2007, 10:08 PM
Registered

We travel for overnight's with mostly crusiers and the extra space in the cabin is not a turn on for us. But crusing at 50 mph is !! It's the difference of being on a Goldwing or being on a Harley with no helmet.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:12 PM
Registered

The other thing is that I have gone 70 mph maybe 3 times in my boat. It is a rush, but the fuel you use is unbelivable. So a boat that gets good mileage at 50 is much more useable.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dfogarty
The other thing is that I have gone 70 mph maybe 3 times in my boat. It is a rush, but the fuel you use is unbelivable. So a boat that gets good mileage at 50 is much more useable.
Sorry if I misunderstand, but are you saying the Avenger does, or does not get reasonble fuel usage at 50mph? Obviously "reasonable" is relative

I've got friends with 100mph+ boats and sometimes when they zip accross the lake at 80, it would be cool to be able to keep up at least a little, regardless of fuel usage. Heck what's $50 worth of fuel for a 10 minute run really mean when you're paying $600 a month (all year for 4 months of usage), $2400 for a slip, $1000 for winter storage, and $5000 for misc. maintanance???

Someone tell me again why I want to move up to a bigger boat??
Old 07-26-2007, 08:59 PM
Registered

I like both boats...

I doubt you will see 80gps (I would guess 75) with 500's and running 10 minutes balls out is much more expensive then $50 these days

But screw it, let em eat!!!!
Old 07-26-2007, 10:08 PM
Pressurized
Platinum Member

Default Viper Avenger

I Have Had Both, No Significent Diff Between The Viper Or Avenger If You Have The Same Motors
Old 08-02-2007, 11:41 PM
Registered

The fuel consumption on my avenger at 50 mph is what I would consider excellent. The fuel consumption at 70 or near my top end is terrible. My point was that I love to go fast too but everytime you go fast it seems not as fast because you get used to it. I'm not full of ****, it's just fact and with today's fuel prices I would rather use my boat at 50 miles an hour than 70 miles an hour. I must admit I'm 52 now and I have been there and done that. But I do know what other people are coming from.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:50 PM
Registered

And too performancemary, You said the 34 and 38 are comparible with the same power? I totally disagree with you.
The Avenger is a much better boat, simply because of it's length and weight. It handles the waters of Green Bay and lake Michigan much better than the 34. If you don't think so there was something wrong with your 38!
Old 08-03-2007, 12:01 AM
Registered

Bcarpman,
Go ahead and by a nice 38 Powerquest that is in good shape with the right props and enjoy the ride. It was a dream of my wife and mine and we did just that 4 years ago and we have had the time of our lives. Their is nothing better than a big block or big block's to get the excitement up.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dfogarty
Bcarpman,
Go ahead and by a nice 38 Powerquest that is in good shape with the right props and enjoy the ride. It was a dream of my wife and mine and we did just that 4 years ago and we have had the time of our lives. Their is nothing better than a big block or big block's to get the excitement up.
I agree, we bought a PQ 270 Laser new in 1998 and it soon became our dream to own the AVENGER. After 7 years of driving all over the countryside looking at them we finally found the one at Great Lakes Marina in Muskegon MC in Oct. 2006. We too are having the time of our lives with our Avenger. After 30 hours no issues other than changing water pump impellars which is a whole lot easier than on the 27. I love the sound of the big blocks echoing off each other as we run across the water. We don't push her hard usually run in the 3200 to 4000 rpm range 44 to 62 mph and experience good fuel economy for a boat this size. With 28p lab props and 502s she runs an honest 74.1 GPS whenever we get the need for speed, which at 53 years old is a fast boat to me. The 38 wins over the 34 hands down, longer hull = smoother ride and the stepped hull carves out turns tight and true unlike some other stepped hulls out there. GET AN AVENGER you,ll love it except on those 90 plus degree days when you pull her out for the wipe down.
Dave Kline
SHAKEN NOT STIRRED USPSLL
Attached Thumbnails Vyper vs. Avenger???-380-avenger-edited.jpg  

Last edited by Dave Kline; 08-03-2007 at 02:19 PM. Reason: add picture

Quick Reply: Vyper vs. Avenger???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.