Trim Tab Cable Replacement

Notices

Trim Tab Cable Replacement

Old 08-21-2007, 02:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trim Tab Cable Replacement

OK guys I need help changing my trim tab cable. Port side broke Saturday while boating. How do I get up in the dash and how do I get the bezel off of the double indicators. Does it pop off or is it bolted from underneath. I can see the cable hookup but I can't get to the bolts. Took dash out this afternoon but no access to indicators panel. Has anbody done this yet?
PS this is on a 99 380 Avenger
Old 08-22-2007, 06:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wildman1
OK guys I need help changing my trim tab cable. Port side broke Saturday while boating. How do I get up in the dash and how do I get the bezel off of the double indicators. Does it pop off or is it bolted from underneath. I can see the cable hookup but I can't get to the bolts. Took dash out this afternoon but no access to indicators panel. Has anbody done this yet?
PS this is on a 99 380 Avenger
I replaced all my cables this spring, and all I can say it was not a fun job.
The bezel has 4 studs that come out from the bottom of it that go thru the fiberglass with washers & nuts behind them.I gained access to every thing by removing the upper and lower dash plates , trim tab switch plate and the throttels& shifters.You also run the risk of dropping small parts & springs down behind the helm if your not careful or lay a towel or something in there to catch them. If your not very patient and or mechanically inclined I would pay to have it done.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you end up doing the cable yourself or having it done, I would recommend replacing all of them, drive & tab with the best cables you can buy.If one went the others are probably not far behind, plus you don't want to revisit that area again next season.Nows the time to get that bezel powder coated to match your gauge bezels if it's not already.Good luck.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trim Tabs

Thanks for the info. I plan on changing all of them as this is going to be a major job.