LOTO Shootout >

LOTO Shootout

Notices

LOTO Shootout

Old 08-28-2007, 05:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOTO Shootout

We won the V2S2 class this weekend at the Shootout. We also got last place...... We were the only boat running in our class but we did run as fast as the winner did last year. Ran 78 mph on the first pass and 77 on the second. Hit 79.1 on the GPS on the first pass but was not doing it at the time the radar got me. There was a guy out of Quebec (and I will get his last name later so I don't mispell it) named Serge that had a 29 PQ with twin 900 horsepower motors, he also won his class.

Got to see some great looking boats, lots of engines that I wish I had, met some great people (Serge was one of them) and watched some good racing. You have probably heard that Dave Callan set a new record of 209 MPH. Yep, 209.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:53 AM
Registered

Saw you and the 29 run.. nice job representing PQ!! I thought PQ had outstanding representation all over the lake this year. Far more then in years past.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:12 AM
Registered

Dave awesome job on the PQ

Met the new owner of PQ on Sunday a real nice guy

We will see you in 2 weeks at Perry, we looked for youa nd Beth this weekend but never caught up. We did tie up with Pete in the 29OL on SUnday, and I heard that Brad and Rhonda were going to try an dmake it down but we never heard from them

Again, AWESOME JOB
Old 08-28-2007, 12:15 PM
Registered

Thanks Christian. I saw you pull up near the docks and tried yelling but there was too much noise. Brad and Rhonda left early, the air conditioning in their condo did not work.

Carrie also won her class! She made a great run.

I wished I could have met the new owner. Did you show him your new paint job?
Old 08-28-2007, 12:27 PM
Registered

We met him on the docks at Shorty Pants. He and his travelling companions were looking at the 29 when we walked up and we started talking. If what he says is happening happens PQ will be back on their A game very soon. It was funny there was my 290 and 34 and 38 all at the docks at the sam etime (and there were only 8 or 9 boats total there)
Old 08-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Registered

Anybody have the shootout speeds and the power setup for the 29 that ran?

I heard it had 540's.... but that was rumor mill
Old 08-29-2007, 02:34 PM
Registered

I talked to him extensively during the award presentation but it was noisey, I am going deaf because of rock-n-roll/loud engines and he had a French Canadian accent. I thought he said he had 900 hp Teague motors. They were blown and a pretty tight fit in the 29. He is looking for a stepped hull and maybe a slightly larger boat. I don't believe he has broken a 100 yet. Seems like he was running in the mid 90's.

His name is Serge Carbonnea. He said he was partly retired and was starting to travel around racing his boat......when he wasn't racing his snowmobile at 160 mph. Real nice guy.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 760 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave98
I talked to him extensively during the award presentation but it was noisey, I am going deaf because of rock-n-roll/loud engines and he had a French Canadian accent. I thought he said he had 900 hp Teague motors. They were blown and a pretty tight fit in the 29. He is looking for a stepped hull and maybe a slightly larger boat. I don't believe he has broken a 100 yet. Seems like he was running in the mid 90's.

His name is Serge Carbonnea. He said he was partly retired and was starting to travel around racing his boat......when he wasn't racing his snowmobile at 160 mph. Real nice guy.
I thought I heard the announcers say 900 HP motors too. We saw him run shortly after noon on Sunday. He idled by us after his run. Boat sounded very tame when it went by. Boat looked hooked up on its run whatever speed it was running. I noticed he had aluminum foil strategically placed in certain areas around the windshield. Very clean, sharp looking boat.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Dave great job running glad to see PQ reprsented at the shootout, be glad they didn't call your boat a Baja like they did mine take care.

Rich.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ckentling
We met him on the docks at Shorty Pants. He and his travelling companions were looking at the 29 when we walked up and we started talking. If what he says is happening happens PQ will be back on their A game very soon. It was funny there was my 290 and 34 and 38 all at the docks at the sam etime (and there were only 8 or 9 boats total there)
Dam, I think that was my '38 at Shorty Pants, wish I knew he was there, would have liked to intro and get some tidbits of info....

Quick Reply: LOTO Shootout

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.