Notices

290 Owners

Old 10-28-2007, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Forward
I test drove a couple 29's and this type of chine walking seems to be a PQ trait. I'm sure it has to do hull design but I think it also maybe due to the fact that the PQ has such a high freeboard which in turn places the center of gravity a bit higher. I was in a friends 28 Pantara and I can tell you at 85mph this boat never moved! Was solid and flat the entire time. But than again he had twin 650's so the need to fully trim the boat out for speed was not needed.
Well said. It is a PQ trait. The 340, with its even higher center of gravity, does it bad. You can control it with a good bit of tab, but that scrubs alot of speed. But I rarely had the opportunity to get there because my wife would always start screamng at me to slow down.

And not all boats with high freeboard do it. Now my wife is screaming at me to speed up!
Old 10-29-2007, 06:37 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cbgenrl
Look familiar?
Ahh yes! I remember you guys now! My Fountain is sitting in that same spot right now!