Powerquest Boat Run??? >

Powerquest Boat Run???

Notices

Powerquest Boat Run???

Old 02-22-2002, 04:33 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I 'll wait to make sure my rig is running right before I would commit but I think it would be a great run. If you really want a good showing. Ask like a 50 or 100.00 registration fee. This will incourage participation. Then buy some PQ Gear with the money and dole out upon arrival - Just an Idea. Ray
Old 02-22-2002, 07:05 PM
Registered

Lightbulb

Hey count me and my wife in! Sounds like a great idea. I'm up for anytime and any place. Who do I send the deposit to! This is real exciting being the fact it's Feb. Two more months till it's time to get wet!
Old 02-22-2002, 07:23 PM
Registered

I would be happy to do the collection and organize the route/stops.

I was checking PQ's web site for shirts, for $50 - 100$ we could hand out a nice polo shirt and/or t-shirt for two people on each boat.

What are thoughts on time of year?
Old 02-22-2002, 09:11 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Make it HOT July or August I have planned too many outdoors excurions in June only to see cold weather.
Old 02-23-2002, 02:16 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Vyper96,

Like your travel schedule, but my wife and I have some concerns about the overnite stops. Do you know if there are any shower facilities? We have a 28 Silencer and am also concerned about keeping pace with the 34 and 38's during the run. The trip sounds awesome, but keep us smaller PQ's into consideration. Thanks, Rick & Debi
Old 02-23-2002, 09:17 AM
Registered

Default June Powerquest Shindig

I have June 1 and June 15 weekends available, if any assistance with maps or anything is needed, I can help.
Let me Know,
Paul
Old 02-23-2002, 01:22 PM
Registered

Scheuer10...All the stops will have Showers and restrooms. I've been to all of them overnight. You shouldn't have any problems staying with everyone. This won't be like a poker run. I imagine everyone cruising between 50-60mph with some guys hammering the throttle once and awhile for some fun dualing. Especially the 38's. And if the lake is rough in certain spots, you can pull behind one of the bigger boats and ride the wake. I've even done that coming back in 12' of Lake Erie crap. Makes for a smoother, but slower ride.

Based on the rough schedule below, this would be the approx mileage

Friday:

Leave Metro Beach, Michigan to Cedar Point. Go on rides and stay night. 95 Miles

Saturday:

This could be run day. Leave CP, cruise by Put-n-Bay on way to downtown Toledo, Ohio for early lunch at the many resturaunts. 58 Miles

After lunch, head to Gull Island (Lake St. Clair) for rafting and a little swim/party. Leave Gull Island (@ 5-6pm) and 3 possibilities: 80 Miles

1. Head north to Port Huron for dinner and stay night and docks. 38 Miles
2. Head north to Port Huron for dinner and back to Metro Beach to stay night (this is a great evening ride down the river at @ 60mph). Not a lot of traffic and usually the water is glass. 42 Miles
3. Head to Beach Grill (south of Metro Beach) for dinner and night life. Then take a night cruise back to Metro Beach (about 8-9 miles) 20 Miles
Old 02-25-2002, 07:20 AM
Registered

As far as wearing appearl...I ran into this person at the Miami boat show..he could do "T"s and/or polos for a lot less. They do custom embroidery www.myboatsign.com
Worth while checking it out...could be a lot cheaper than the manufactures prices

Last edited by enticer; 02-26-2002 at 03:59 PM.
Old 02-25-2002, 10:14 AM
290PQ

Cool

I'll be there.

Old 02-25-2002, 08:04 PM
Registered

Unhappy

If I would not have to trailer all the way from south Louisiana, I'd be there. Hope you guys pull it off and have a great time.

Quick Reply: Powerquest Boat Run???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.