What's it worth >

What's it worth

Notices

What's it worth

Old 03-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was in a 260 with 625 - 650 hp and it would go 71 - 72 max. In the upper 60s it had to be driven to keep it from chime walking, even with external steering. The chime walking was only an issue on glass like water.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can tell you all trimmed out for every last mph, mine becomes a handful at over 59mph. I've heard other guys state with bigger power they have been able to power through that area but it can be a nail biter. With that much power some big K-Planes and hydro steering would be in order. The fact is this hull simply has limitations and I'm not sure anyone has spent the time nor money to figure out the shortfall. Myself I think having the bottom worked and a shorter drive installed may yield some very good results. But than again I'f I going to spend that kind of money I'll buy a different boat.

I've decided all in all it's a fun inexpensive way to hit the water,so I'm trying to be happy with it..) (Whatever thats a total lie!! I want more and always will! It's the boating way!)

Don't worry you'll love the boat no matter how fast it goes.The 26 is rock solid and easy to drive. Just have fun with it.