Got my dash done

Notices

Got my dash done

Old 03-08-2002, 02:23 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my dash done

I spent the better part of a month re-wiring and remounting guages. The main addition was a GPS speedo and Stereo controls (lower right) I also replaced my Garmin GPSMAP185 (that was mounted on an ugly angle) with a new GPSMAP 176C.

Anyone know how to post multiple pictures in one link?
Attached Thumbnails Got my dash done-newdash.jpg  
Old 03-08-2002, 02:24 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

GPS mounting, It just fits.
Attached Thumbnails Got my dash done-gpsmap176c.jpg  
Old 03-08-2002, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Raypanic,

I just picked up one of those GPSs. I'm going to mount mine after
I get it out of storage. I heard the color works for **** in the daylight, so I went with the black and white. Are you going to
the OSO gathering Saturday?
Old 03-08-2002, 04:11 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

This GPS has a "reflective" screen like the color gameboys. The more sun the better. I held it outside and it fine but is was cloudy out.

I cannot attend the get together I have a family outing planned.
Old 03-08-2002, 04:16 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Default Old Dash

At least it is better than the old dash
Attached Thumbnails Got my dash done-olddash.jpg  
Old 03-08-2002, 05:05 PM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

ray,
Looks good,where is the stereo control? and what is that next to the steering wheel. Let me guess I just answered my own question
Old 03-08-2002, 06:15 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Default MORE

Scott,

Ya the previous owner had his nitrous panel on the right side of the wheel. He blocked it off with an ugly plate. I replaced it with a custom .10 thick plate that matches the ignition switch plate. I matched the color pretty well but the picture was taken with a spotlight on it so it looks a little off. I could not do the grey pinstrping. This panel has on it the remote for the Bazooka sub woofer and a rocker and push button switch for the GPS. I will use these for the cyclic operation of the GPS, Speedo recall, RPM, voltage and compass. The rocker switch switches the signals from the port and starboard engines.

I had the right plate done when I found the Kennwood IR remote for the stereo. I mounted this on the ignition switch just below the cigarette lighter. It is a neat little unit, Battery powered and it is meant to mount on the steering wheel of a car. I extended the cable to Ir emitter and routed it through the dash to the upolstery above the head door. This beams across to the reciever. Works great it sticky taped in place and I only had to drill one 1/8" hole in ignition panel.

I also mounted everything with security pin torx screws I think they look better. I better keep a few drivers on board just incase.

My daughter is staying at a frends house tonite and will not be home until 12:00 tomorrow. This means I can go to the shop and work on the drive!!!!!! I will let you know what I find out with reguards to the ratio. I hope it is a 1.50 - 1
Attached Thumbnails Got my dash done-rhpanel.jpg  
Old 03-08-2002, 09:12 PM
Registered

Ray, pics look great. Can't wait to come and see you boat and engine mods.

One thought though, the first year I had my boat, I had my GPS in the same location. I changed to just above the speedo in 2001. I did not like taking my eyes off the horizon, trying to read gps cords. and bouys, ESPECIALLY at night. I had no problem navigating the North Channel heading back to Sassy from the Lake. Outside the bouys, it is very shallow. Or any other night drives after the change.

Have your wife hold on dash above speedo for a little bit to see the difference.

Just my $.02

Mike
Old 03-09-2002, 07:06 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

96 Vyper,

Thanks for the suggestion, I had thought about that same thing and was concidering making a special mount that would place it where the compass is. I thought it would look good where the compass is and be in a good spot. Now you have me concidering a change again. (thanks) The orginal GPS was mounted on the right and I wanted to cover up the two 1" holes the previous owner put there.
Old 03-09-2002, 03:14 PM
Kentz

Ray - nice install. that's the first digital readout I've seen. PQ is supplying the analog style. I assume its still about $500? does it have the recall feature? where is your antenna/receiver mounted? I think PQ is putting it above the drive/tab indicator. and last can you spare the part#?

Thanks

Kent

Quick Reply: Got my dash done

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.