1993 290 enticer fx questions >

1993 290 enticer fx questions

Notices

1993 290 enticer fx questions

Old 12-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1993 290 enticer fx questions

There is a 1993 Powerquest 290 Enticer FX for sale in my area and i have a few questions about it. Here is a little info first. It has twin 454's with Bravo 1 drives. There is no hour meter on the boat and the current owner does not know if the motor or drives have ever been rebuilt. it looks like a nice boat from the pictures. It does have the weekender package. It also is sitting on a tri axle trailer. The seller wants $15,500 for it. The current owner has only owned it for about 6 months. They are selling it because they need the money.

1) Are there any common problems that i should look for with this make and model?

2) Is this a good deal for the boat? (it seems like it to me)

3) Should I be worried about the drives or the motors since there is no hour meter on it?

Any other info would be a big help.

Thanks
Old 12-11-2008, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 247 Likes on 123 Posts

talked to the owner myself,he told me he bought the boat at a auction to flip, and he was told the engines were bad but he said all he found wrong was the impeller pumps,he replaced the pumps and changed the oil and the boat he said now runs good.
I say have a survey done on the boat and go from there,for 15k how can you go wrong.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 89redgt
There is a 1993 Powerquest 290 Enticer FX for sale in my area and i have a few questions about it. Here is a little info first. It has twin 454's with Bravo 1 drives. There is no hour meter on the boat and the current owner does not know if the motor or drives have ever been rebuilt. it looks like a nice boat from the pictures. It does have the weekender package. It also is sitting on a tri axle trailer. The seller wants $15,500 for it. The current owner has only owned it for about 6 months. They are selling it because they need the money.

1) Are there any common problems that i should look for with this make and model?

2) Is this a good deal for the boat? (it seems like it to me)

3) Should I be worried about the drives or the motors since there is no hour meter on it?

Any other info would be a big help.

Thanks

NADA lists a low retail value of about 16700.00 with out a trailer.
I would say the way it's a buyers market and this time of year you could offer a few grand less yet. If the boat looks clean to you and you see nothing obvious wrong hire a good performance marine surveyor for the boat and another that specializes in drives and engines for oil analysis, leak-down test etc. Just be careful, because if you end up with a couple of bad engines and or drives you will end up putting the price of the boat back into it again. I had a 1998 Enticer for 8 seasons and other than a couple of engine recirculating water pumps I replaced because of leakage everything else was normal maintenance. The current owner I sold it to has put 3 more trouble free seasons on it. I believe the boat has about 600 hours on it.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:30 PM
Registered

If you don't make a deal on that boat get a hold of me. I have a '96 Enticer with a certified 320 hours (certified via computer) on the MPI 454/Bravo's. Has a fridge, microwave, shorepower, battery charger, brand new custom made cockpit cover and more. Sits on a hoist in my backyard in the summer and in heated storage in the winter. Very well maintained and pampered boat with a survey performed in 2006 by a very respected marine surveyor.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:41 AM
Registered

Default Scooter...

SCooter, what are you asking for the Enticer? Where are you located?

Thanks
Old 12-13-2008, 10:53 AM
Registered

Thanks for all the responses. To be honest with you guys I was not even really looking for a boat that big or one with twin engines. I just saw it and it seemed like a great deal. I am still debating between 2 boats that Powerquest and a 1995 Chaparral 2550 SX sport with a 502 and a duel prop Volvo outdrive. Thanks again for the help.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a 91 29 and loved it. The early 90's boats were built very well. As long as it was kept out of the water and stored properly the hull should be fine. Mechanically is as always depends on the maintenance etc. Goodluck.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jstema
SCooter, what are you asking for the Enticer? Where are you located?

Thanks
Michigan. email me at [email protected]
Old 02-18-2009, 09:41 AM
Registered

A friend of mine bought the boat. It is very solid with very nice interior. No soft spots in the hull and very few nicks at all. Changed the drive lube last night and it looked very good with no shavings or water. Motors started right up and sound fine. The boat has sat outside quite a bit based of the dullness but has buffed out pretty decent. all in all I think it was a good purchase for the money.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:43 AM
Registered

What pitch props should be on this boat?

Quick Reply: 1993 290 enticer fx questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.