What should I be looking at? >

What should I be looking at?

Notices

What should I be looking at?

Old 10-30-2009, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should I be looking at?

First Im from Michigan and Im looking at a 26ft boat and i have been told to look at PQ but didnt they go out of bussiness? I really dont think that should matter since Im looking at a used boat, I really would like to have some info
Old 10-30-2009, 11:16 PM
Registered

Great boats. I am on my second PQ. Very well built with big cabins. The 26 is a nice looking boat. As far as I know they are out of business right now. Who knows what the future holds but don't let that scare you away from the brand. There are a lot to choose from in your area. Good luck in your search.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:45 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They are outstanding boats (very solid and smooth). I take mine out in consistant 3-4 foot swells and cant even get a rattle! Im sure you can see in my profile my 257 Legend is 15 years old and nothing has broken on it!
Old 10-31-2009, 06:38 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

If you're planning on being on the big lakes, you'll want the biggest boat you can afford. Powerquest made a good boat but I believe there is no replacement for length and weight once you're in the big water. I would look at the 280 silencer. It's a bigger boat, you can haul it with a half ton or yukon, etc... and the cabin is going to be good enough to overnight in. I love our boat, but don't rule out boats like the Sunsation 28' if cabin isn't a huge deal that boat is going to be much faster and they are local and still in business. Good Luck! Here's a real clean Sunsation that I have seen on St. Clair many times boat hauls a**!

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/class...age=out&id=164
Old 10-31-2009, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It really depends on what kind of boating you are going to do. My 280 is a great boat and rides great. It is a faster hull and rides better then the 257. I think the 257 is a great boat for its size. I fully agree if Lake Michigan is where you plan on boating, get as big as you can go. 35 foot is about what you need to start looking at to be able to go out without worrying about the wind direction.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:10 PM
Registered

Im not looking to go out on the big water all the time, 26 is what I think I can afford and i like the speed that most 26s get out of stock power, another quick question I realoly dont like the looks of the windshield but you hardly ever see a pq with out one
Old 10-31-2009, 07:33 PM
Registered

I believe that a good majority of the Powerquests were sold and used in the upper midwest where a windshield is welcome addition for some boaters. Especially to extend the season a bit. My 340 has a windscreen and it looks cool but you definitely take more wind in the face. My 280 had a windshield. You are right that the windscreens are the minority on the Powerquests.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:15 PM
Registered

Default Windshield

I wouldn't give up my windshield for anything! I rarely sit down, bad back, so I stand 99% of the time BUT it keeps the wind out of my spouse's hair and she doesn't complain "about the wind" now that is priceless! It also helps with whoever is sitting on the bench, they can talk without the wind really making much of a conversation annoyance. It's a GREAT boat for a 1st boat, I was on this website for two years researching and asking questions before I purchased mine. The 26 is not the fastest, but for an overall boat, I like to see another boat compete at the price.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:39 PM
Registered

The 26 and 27 are both straight V's, good riding and large boats for the size, if that makes sense. The 28 was a single step hull, also big for the size and nice riding. Not sure what your budget is, but a 29 Enticer is hard to beat for speed, ride, room, and price - you can get a nice mid-90's model for high-20's low-30's, and that boat will run 70 mph with non-Mag 454's.

I've owned both a 280 and a 290 and both were great boats.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:55 PM
Registered

I have a 280 with a windscreen, I colder areas I can see the need for a windshield but I prefer a screen all the way,

There is a real nice 260 with a windscreen for sale in upstate NY, has a 502 also ( you want a 502 with a 260)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.