Trim angle for 260 SX

Notices

Trim angle for 260 SX

Old 02-21-2010, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trim angle for 260 SX

Hi,
I have a 2004 260 sx with a 496 mag HO. When making a run for top speed, I end up having to trim the outdrive up quite a bit. I am currently running a 4 blade revolution(22p) and hit about 4600rpm and about 62-63mph on GPS(with passengers and stuff in the boat). I very rarely use the trim tabs...only sometimes to balance the boat in windy conditions.
My question is this: Is it really normal to have to use max trim to gain max speed? I am wondering if this angle is not good for the drive. Any ideas? Thanks
Old 02-22-2010, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 129 Likes on 68 Posts

That's normal for a deep V hull. The drive can handle the angle. It will not trim all the way up like for trailering when you are running.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think your rpm's are a little low, you should be able to run that up to 5K. I had a 3 blade mirage on my Legend, it liked trim but not maxed out. I would try another prop and play around a little.