Raypanic splashdate!!!???

Notices

Raypanic splashdate!!!???

Old 05-19-2002, 02:16 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting Closer!

At this point I have all the drive work done, The new water heater installed and plumbed. I am still waiting on the transom shower parts and batteries from Optima - (Murrays) After that I will run it on the hose and then a little clean upand wax and I will be off to the lake. I am hoping for thursday. If I am any later it may not be until next week as Sassy's Marina is very busy over the holiday weekend and they said they did'nt think they could get me in. We will see.
Old 05-25-2002, 11:12 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Default It's Running!

I ran it today on the hose, A few problems but nothing major, The one engine will not idle down unless I pull on the throttle cable. It seems to need adjustment. The Starboard drive will not engage in forward, It will go in to reverse but when the shifter is forward it will not shift. I does go in and out of neutral but not forward. I may have a bad steering pump it seems to squeal a little, much more that the other engine. Well back at it.
Old 05-26-2002, 12:39 PM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts

Ray good to hear you got them fired up. I got my blocks back yesterday and found that they had not installed the new cam bearings So back they go! I am installing sea strainers and my steering hoses this weekend. I was able to get the new motor mounts installed and the allignment set last week. I'm on the right path just amazed at how much time it takes to do this stuff RIGHT.

Did you have a chance to bleed your new steering? from what I understand it takes three people (and one skinny guy)
One at the helm turning the wheel,one at the resevoir keeping it full and one at the rear cylinders doing the bleed. Scott
Old 05-26-2002, 04:23 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Scott, I really didn't have any problem bleeding them. I started each engine and then cranked the wheel. It did make a squishy noise initally but then the wheel locked up all the way to each side and it seemed to bleed all the air out. I then started the other engine and it did the same but with less sputtering. The resevoir only emptied by half. The drives moved from side to side and made a "Hydraulic" sound similar to a tractor bucket or implement.

So really it was a one person job I expected more problems but it went real easy. I dont think there is any real amount of air left in the system as the drives are securly locked in there positions. So far it has been an easy one. - Knock on wood.
Old 06-04-2002, 06:42 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Default One step closer

I took the rig up to Tyler Crockett for a little adjustment and a Power steering pump replacement. Its ready to go, I dropped it off at the Marina in Algonac I wanted to take it out so bad. Unfortunatly it was raining like a SOB! The plan is for thursday morning
Old 06-05-2002, 10:03 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Ray,
Just a quick thought on the strainer shut off valves. I almost didn't bother with them the strainers are a lot higher than the pick-ups. Just put them in for insurance, never Know.

I hope your shake down cruise goes well on Thursday I'm sure you will post the results. I am finishing the motors this weekend and should be up and running the following week.
Old 06-07-2002, 08:36 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Ray,
How did it go?
Old 08-12-2002, 12:30 PM
MATTT

Hello, everyone.

Is it just me, or does the mechanic knowledge came with boat when you bought it ? I can do a little here and there but taking the drive out and working on it is like speaking a different language to me. Did you guy learn that from some marine mechanic training ?

Later,

Mattt.

Old 08-12-2002, 01:49 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I do alot of research first, like this website and I bought repair manuals and read them. I have always been handy with tools and electrical too. To me it is mostly using common sence and having patience. You should know how to combine cuss words too (Occasionally)
Old 08-13-2002, 07:35 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Matt,
I am pulling my drive this week the hardest part is getting the boat to the trailer. Working on a drive is a lot easier than pulling a motor. Most of this stuff is not rocket science as long as you like Ray said do the research! If I get in a tight spot or am not sure about my next move I call and get the answer.

Ray,
no I did not blow a drive but it may be on its way I keep loosing my adjustment for forward and reverse. So I am going to yank it and check it over Before it becomes pieces parts!

Quick Reply: Raypanic splashdate!!!???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.