Looking for an Avenger >

Looking for an Avenger

Notices

Looking for an Avenger

Old 09-22-2010, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 238 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
The early twin step 380's definitely had their share of hull problems. As stated above, most went back to the factory and had modifications done to the strakes to correct the problems. Later hulls were fine. I've ridden several times in a '99 380 with 525SC's and 12" boxes. In calm water, the boat tended to run too flat with Bravo I props. A switch to Hydromotive 5-blades really woke the boat up. In rougher conditions, such as after the Shootout at LOTO, the boat simply ate that water up. PQ's have great mold and gel work, roomy cockpits and cabins, and their interiors hold up well (even their own bolsters vs. the McLeod optioned boats). My only knock on them is their wiring could have been much neater and they should used more bus bars. I've driven both a 2000 280 Silencer and multiple 288 Sunsations (non-stepped hulls before '05). Although similar in size, they are two totally different boats IMO. Both are fine boats with their strong and weak points. It is a shame PQ closed their doors. The '99 380 I mentioned above might be able to be bought. I beleive one of the motors broke and is out of the boat at this time. If it is something you would be interested in I can give the owner a heads up on this thread. He is not on the site as much as he used to be in the past.
I agree 100% on the wiring statement.
but it seems like alot of boat manufactures do that,
Old 09-22-2010, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
A good friend has a 2002 PQ twin step 380 ,the boat is balanced just right and handles great,never a suprise on the ride especially around turns.and the cool thing is its a hull that PQ designed themselves
I've actually been in contact with him about his boat... he's a touch out of my range at the moment but in a year or 2 if he still has it would be nice to make a deal... does he see 80 out of it with the 500's? I know he has a lot of ammenities added
Old 09-22-2010, 11:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ajfisher
I've actually been in contact with him about his boat... he's a touch out of my range at the moment but in a year or 2 if he still has it would be nice to make a deal... does he see 80 out of it with the 500's? I know he has a lot of ammenities added
The only time he sees 80s is when his on my boat!

Just kidding Calvin!

His right around 80 as well especially as the weather cools
Old 09-22-2010, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All right Kid 288 I like to read your replyes and you make my day at work go by faster,and unlike the sunsation cult we will not all jump on you like the Sunsation cult did when you posted that video of you running your 288 but, Hey they were only trying to ensure his saftey at the start then fell apart from there

As far as Sunsation been in busines they still have 07 sitting around for sale,I could be wrong but what I heard when they built the plug for the 36 they had all the local costumers help them because most of the help was laid off,and every time they sell a boat they start all this threads telling everyone they sold a boat,come on we dont all care that Sunsation sold a boat.
Look at the dealers with the leftover or maybe the boat itself! prices and the look of the boat will leave it sitting don't matter who built it
As far as Joe or Wayne answering the phone when you call the factory? well maybe if they where busy they would have a secretary answer and if they are so much about costumer service why dont they fix all the headliners that alot of sunsation owners are having?
Joe will answer the phone Wayne is very rare they do have a secretary but when you need a part for a 10 year old boat who do you want to speak to? The secretary that is painting her nails or the guy with the answers? On the headliners I agree with you but it does seem they new ones are different material
and for the fake step?if it worked why did they add a real step in 05?

And as far as PQ going out of bussines all I can tell you its not because the quality of the boats they built.
Yes I own a Sunsation and I am friends with the workers. But I can tell you this they are moving boats this is one of the best fall's they have had as far as orders. I hope they continue as it is still bad out there. Yes they had a few local people out there helping on the 36' but I don't remember being forced to help, hey I bet you would of went to check out the place and give a hand? I did when they flipped the mold pretty sweet.

Last edited by sunsation96; 09-24-2010 at 10:58 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sunsation96
Yes I own a Sunsation and I am friends with the workers. But I can tell you this they are moving boats this is one of the best fall's they have had as far as orders. I hope they continue as it is still bad out there. Yes they had a few local people out there helping on the 36' but I don't remember being forced to help, hey I bet you would of went to check out the place and give a hand? I did when they flipped the mold pretty sweet.
Hey I understand where you coming from,and I hope they continue to do GREAT!

I dont know if its the boat,the economy or the dealer.Mohopac Marine just sold a new 288 they had sitting around for a couple of years and thats Sunsation #1 dealer.
Like I said before once you buy a Sunsation its like joining a cult,to me they are nice boats but dont kid yourself they are no Outerlimits or a Cig.
And please no need to have all the Sunsation guys come over here and beat me up over my statement,I have a couple of friends that own sunsations and I dont need anyone else to remind me that SUNNYS are the best!

as for customer service I got to be honest with you,up until last year when PQ closed its doors anytime I needed anything I called and had to parts the next day.

enjoy what you got and any day spent on the water no matter what boat your on is a good day

Last edited by boatnt; 09-22-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

I hear ya boatnt, id recommend a fountain, Donzi, PQ, Powerplay, Cig, whatever it may be bc they are simply awesome boats... but seems like once a sunsation owner there are "blinders" put on and its sunsation or nothing due to AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE... its actually kind of turned me off to the brand which is unfortunate bc I've been a big sunsation fan as well as a lot of other brands since I was young. Now I can almost guarantee my next boat won't be a sunsation... leaning more toward the 34/38 PQ, 35ZR, or perhaps 35 lightning
Old 09-22-2010, 01:06 PM

Hey I understand where you coming from,and I hope they continue to do GREAT!

I dont know if its the boat,the economy or the dealer.Mohopac Marine just sold a new 288 they had sitting around for a couple of years and thats Sunsation #1 dealer.
Like I said before once you buy a Sunsation its like joining a cult,to me they are nice boats but dont kid yourself they are no Outerlimits or a Cig.
And please no need to have all the Sunsation guys come over here and beat me up over my statement,I have a couple of friends that own sunsations and I dont need anyone else to remind me that SUNNYS are the best!
Question do you like flames that 288 had flames I don't like flames on anything unless it's burning I agree 100% on the cult and they are no outerlimits or Cig in fact I really wanted a Cig so bad but I could not pass up the deal on mine TRUST ME but maybe next time. I don't need the Sunsation people in fact I don't care what you drive like others but I was just pointing out some facts that you may not be aware of. Do I think Sunsations are a good boat Yes are they perfect No
as for customer service I got to be honest with you,up until last year when PQ closed its doors anytime I needed anything I called and had to parts the next day
enjoy what you got and any day spent on the water no matter what boat your on is a good day
Amen

Last edited by sunsation96; 09-24-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 763 Likes on 412 Posts

I agree 100% on the wiring statement.
but it seems like alot of boat manufactures do that,
No doubt. Not something unique to PQ. PowerPlay set the standard in how wiring should be done in an offshore boat IMO.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by ajfisher
I hear ya boatnt, id recommend a fountain, Donzi, PQ, Powerplay, Cig, whatever it may be bc they are simply awesome boats... but seems like once a sunsation owner there are "blinders" put on and its sunsation or nothing due to AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE... its actually kind of turned me off to the brand which is unfortunate bc I've been a big sunsation fan as well as a lot of other brands since I was young. Now I can almost guarantee my next boat won't be a sunsation... leaning more toward the 34/38 PQ, 35ZR, or perhaps 35 lightning
Not true they all want to own a Cig but you have to hand it to Sunsation IMO they have the best layout and dash designs of all boats even Cig but there is still something about the #1 on the side of a hull that I want someday! Donzi they are not for me I don't care what the price is Fountian I like the beak IMO but don't care for the dash or how low they seem to sit in the water. To each is own... Oh yeah and Fisher we might not wanted you to own a Sunsation having your friend own one is enough
Old 09-22-2010, 01:33 PM
Registered

There is a reason why they have a 1 on the side of them.

Also can we agree that if it wasnt for Mitcher Ts great paint jobs Sunsations would be just like other boats,Plain!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.