Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Additional pic
Attached Thumbnails PQ General Discussion-dscn0292%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 03-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ajfisher
Damn Verbi are you pushing drugs?? Dropping money like its HOT!! You gotta get me a job doin what you do so I can move up to the big chit
Is that a 450/550?
I only sell to the school kids, I have my morals!!

Truck is an '09 450, grey leather with nav and back up camera and has 27K.

I sold the 280, the Camaro, the GTO and the sled so I'm not out of pocket a whole lot!!
Old 03-05-2011, 05:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Need4SpeedGTCS
Nicccee!!!

'08-'10 6.4l make sure there are no coolant leaks! Rads go out of them faster than I go through fuel. Rad is only one symptom of cooling system issues...any air in the cooling system and the front cover and water pump cavitate. Front cover perforates then coolant in the oil and then it grenades!
Other than that a beast on fuel, but tons of power and you won't even know the 38' is behind you.
I've heard a lot of mixed reviews on these.
I think I will do the DPF delete and tuner to help with the mileage.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:33 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Additional pic
What kind of power is the intercooler good for , 150??

When your done send 'em my way!!
Old 03-05-2011, 08:45 PM
Registered

Wink

Originally Posted by verbi69
What kind of power is the intercooler good for , 150??

When your done send 'em my way!!
Whipple claims approx. 100+ Hp with reprogammed ECM. I'm looking also for increased reliability/longevity. Already get 84mph on gps...but props are wrong...max out at 4800-4900 rpm; should pull 5100-5200. We'll see soon with the overhauls completed now too, may be able to keep the props. If all else fails I'll get that vortec paint
Send another teaser pic soon! lol.

Yes, the DPF delete will cure the fuel economy issue, no more regen; did Ontario drop the emissions testing?
Keep an eye on your coolant level in that rig! and keep the oil changed too; injectors weep into the crankcase.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:27 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Whipple claims approx. 100+ Hp with reprogammed ECM. I'm looking also for increased reliability/longevity. Already get 84mph on gps...but props are wrong...max out at 4800-4900 rpm; should pull 5100-5200. We'll see soon with the overhauls completed now too, may be able to keep the props. If all else fails I'll get that vortec paint
Send another teaser pic soon! lol.

Yes, the DPF delete will cure the fuel economy issue, no more regen; did Ontario drop the emissions testing?
Keep an eye on your coolant level in that rig! and keep the oil changed too; injectors weep into the crankcase.
It will be interesting to see the results of your rebuild!!

I honestly cant say what years or types of vehicles need to go in for emission testing, I may be in for a surprise but I don't think so at this time.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:41 PM
Registered

That 6.4 if it has had the proper recall done on it will have no issues the radiator was not the issue it was a t valve that caused the problem n if it is fixed u r good. Used to work at a ford dealer. Strong motor with no issues other than stated.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cpiefer06
That 6.4 if it has had the proper recall done on it will have no issues the radiator was not the issue it was a t valve that caused the problem n if it is fixed u r good. Used to work at a ford dealer. Strong motor with no issues other than stated.
The venturi tee installed on the recall was to help coolant flow pull air out of the system and reduce pressure pulses that cause the rad seam to let go, etc, etc. ('09 m/y should have tee from factory). Watch for rad hose leaks, the o-rings flatten out but only leak when running. Static or pressure tested usually okay; look for coolant staining at the connections.

Other than mentioned, yes a brutally strong stump puller. lol. Just stay on top of the maintenance!

OK, said way too much...enjoy the truck! I need one myself...and never mind sending my engines your way...new tow vehicle and I may be terrorizing a lake near you!

Last edited by Need4SpeedGTCS; 03-06-2011 at 12:05 AM. Reason: more info
Old 03-06-2011, 02:45 AM
Registered

Take It To The Max, Duramax!
Old 03-06-2011, 08:23 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

The venturi tee installed on the recall was to help coolant flow pull air out of the system and reduce pressure pulses that cause the rad seam to let go, etc, etc. ('09 m/y should have tee from factory). Watch for rad hose leaks, the o-rings flatten out but only leak when running. Static or pressure tested usually okay; look for coolant staining at the connections.

Other than mentioned, yes a brutally strong stump puller. lol. Just stay on top of the maintenance!

OK, said way too much...enjoy the truck! I need one myself...and never mind sending my engines your way...new tow vehicle and I may be terrorizing a lake near you!
Warranty work comes up good, I'll keep on top of things and keep my fingers crossed....lol.
If you ever come down this way let me know!!
Mike.

Last edited by verbi69; 03-06-2011 at 08:24 AM. Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.