Notices

PQ General Discussion

Old 03-07-2011, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
I know you are,

hows the search going ???
everyone talks about how this is a buyers market and then you go out looking and soon discover theres a lot of chit out there,Good luck with the boat search,Sunsation builts a good boat
Originally Posted by Drock78
Your contributing to Jordans head growing ..lol
Originally Posted by verbi69
LOL.

At some point we have to admit they are pretty cool no matter how much it kills us......

I knew you guys were closet Sunsation addicts... come to Michigan ladies, free rides in the 288 cig. Hunter!
Old 03-07-2011, 09:18 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by campionchase910
Mike that is right, when we shipped the corvette to the border from texas it cost about 1200. Having said that the boat I beleive you don't need the 72hr time frame, just pay the border taxes 13% and away you go correct?
Yes, sorry.

I thought you were asking about the truck.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:19 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by THE 288 KID
I knew you guys were closet Sunsation addicts... come to Michigan ladies, free rides in the 288 cig. Hunter!
Listen, dont you be go around bragging about this stuff!!
Old 03-07-2011, 09:38 AM
Registered

Ur secrets safe with me guys.... till I get drunk this summer and tell everyone!
Old 03-07-2011, 09:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by campionchase910
Mike that is right, when we shipped the corvette to the border from texas it cost about 1200. Having said that the boat I beleive you don't need the 72hr time frame, just pay the border taxes 13% and away you go correct?
Right, the U.S. immigration is only concerned about self-powered wheeled vehicles...no wait for boats.

Canada customs doesn't really care either as long as they collect the taxes; have all your paper work. Border Guy was trying to screw with me, told him what I paid but he kept asking "Yeah but what is a boat like that [I]really[I]worth?" trying to see if I would boast a higher value. Black book value could trick you.

After that contact RIV for the trailer paper work and off to Canadian Tire for the b/s inspection! Oh, should shop for toques for your American friends while waiting at the Tire, EH!

Last edited by Need4SpeedGTCS; 03-07-2011 at 09:44 AM. Reason: spellin'
Old 03-07-2011, 10:02 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Need4SpeedGTCS
Right, the U.S. immigration is only concerned about self-powered wheeled vehicles...no wait for boats.

Canada customs doesn't really care either as long as they collect the taxes; have all your paper work. Border Guy was trying to screw with me, told him what I paid but he kept asking "Yeah but what is a boat like that [I]really[I]worth?" trying to see if I would boast a higher value. Black book value could trick you.

After that contact RIV for the trailer paper work and off to Canadian Tire for the b/s inspection! Oh, should shop for toques for your American friends while waiting at the Tire, EH!
When I bought my 280 Silencer I brought it up from Wisconsin, I cant remember if I had to send the boarder a copy of the trailer title or not.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:02 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by THE 288 KID
Ur secrets safe with me guys.... till I get drunk this summer and tell everyone!
Maybe by summer it wont be sooo bad!?!
Old 03-07-2011, 10:04 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

NeedforSpeed,

What kind of truck are you looking for to pull your 38?

I am thinking of going the 350 dually route instead of the 450.

I will have to drive this truck around daily!!
Old 03-07-2011, 11:07 AM
Registered

NeedforSpeed,

What kind of truck are you looking for to pull your 38?

I am thinking of going the 350 dually route instead of the 450.

I will have to drive this truck around daily!!
I'm looking for a 350 dually short box crewcab. Dually short boxes are hard to find and they stopped making them for '11; long box w/dually only.

I want the 4 door cab but don't need the 8' box or LOA. And the really kick is I want a V10 gas. Should've kept my SRW 350 but the GF thought four vehicles plus hers was too much, lol.

If you need a daily driver then don't go overboard. 450 gear ratios, drivetrain maintenance cost, etc. is too much. A 350 works great and SRW would probably be best for you. I'm looking for something only for towing and long trips at that. Intending to take my 38 to some new destinations and back to the Great Lakes...probably not this summer with what I've spent on the overhauls...so that's the type of tow unit I want.

Last edited by Need4SpeedGTCS; 03-07-2011 at 11:12 AM. Reason: sp
Old 03-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Registered

When I bought my 280 Silencer I brought it up from Wisconsin, I cant remember if I had to send the boarder a copy of the trailer title or not.
The U.S. doesn't need any advance notice for the trailer; have the title and bill of sale with you. I didn't even have a plate on the trailer!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.