Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
PQ General Discussion >

PQ General Discussion

Notices

PQ General Discussion

Old 04-06-2011, 06:00 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice boat bert! I like the graphics a lot... laveycraft makes a nice boat I almost bought a 26 NuEra Laveycraft but the deal didn't pan out and I ended up with my PQ... let's see some more pics
Old 04-06-2011, 06:48 AM
Registered

Received 233 Likes on 117 Posts

nice boat Bert,enjoy and safe boating!
Old 04-06-2011, 06:49 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, that is one very sharp looking boat!!
Congrats.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:09 AM
Registered

Received 760 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by ajfisher
A guy posted up wanted info on the 288, he got a barage of "killer offshore performance" "crushes waves" "amazing ride even in the toughest seas", some of these guys even go as far to say that 288's are "roomy"(hit that bong again bro)... as to be expected. I felt he was misled somewhat by the posts so I pm'd him telling him that I wouldn't recommend a 288 for those prices bc honestly they are lighter boats and ride on top of the water bouncing around more and they have limited space. He called Joe @ Sunsation and so Joe put up a thread claiming I said they made a junk boat and that I bashed their "build integrity" (i didn't) bla bla bla...
So they start in on the personal attacks which what do I care? I'll just sling em back... well when I do it they start in with the "class act" bla bla bla you know the drill. Funny thing is that even some of their own members pm me saying how over the top others are... obviously nothing can be said tho bc they'll get run off too Lmao
Thank god for general discussion... all this class act stuff is making me sick
"killer offshore performance"? No. "crushes waves"? No. "amazing ride even in the toughest seas"? No. For it's size and weight, it is a good lake and river boat. When things get nasty, you have to be up on the wheel and throttle. You are not going beat the water back with the boat. But with adequate seat time you can get around in some mid-sized water OK. "roomy"? No. The 288 and 32 Dominator and S/SS/SSR/XRT all have the same cockpit (with the exception of the 32 S/SS/SSR/XRT having more freeboard) and it is tight. That was always our biggest gripe to Wayne and Joe. Make the cockpits bigger. Which they have finally done on the F-4 and now 36. Yes, some of the folks on Sunny's site get a bit overzealous with facts and their defense of the product. It is their "home" though so you have to expect some of that behavior. Joe's rub was that you PM'd someone on their site to push another manufacture's product. No harm in giving an educated opinion but pushing another product should not have been done through their site. Did they ban you? I see they deleted the threads including the silly "AJ must go" or whatever it was titled thread. In any event, one would hope most educated people will seek out opinions on a product through sources other than just the manufacture's forum. One would also hope they would throw out the overly positive and overly negative reviews and focus on the middle ground.

Last edited by Knot 4 Me; 04-06-2011 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:32 AM
Registered

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...-dream-ii.html

it seems like aj is not the only one with that opinion

alot of people with pom poms over on the sunny site.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:33 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I have no dog in this fight but.....I got to read most of the thread before it was locked down and I was shocked to find how sensitive some of the Sunny people were with this whole fiascal.
Aj sent a message through the PM system, read PRIVATE MESSAGE, ....and then the **** hits the fan because of it????
Come on now, what a load of crap!!
No negative comments were put out for everyone to see and to have the owners feathers ruffled, but a simple PM to the fella in question to look at different models of boats as well.......now really what is wrong with that??
No one was luring a little boy away from a potential sale with a bag of candy!
For a bunch of grown up men to attack like that is pretty ridiculous......
I personally looked at a 288 Sunny before I bought my 280 Silencer and can say without a doubt there are differences between the two boats.......so if I point them out that makes me a bad guy???? .......and even for doing it privately instead of on the open forums??
Say whatever you want, defend however you want, the whole thing of the Sunsation owner crying foul like a little kid stinks hard of B.S.!!!
Sensitive bunch!!
This whole thing was blown out of proportion and I dont give a damn what they say about it!!

Last edited by verbi69; 04-06-2011 at 11:36 AM. Reason: addition
Old 04-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by boatnt
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...-dream-ii.html

it seems like aj is not the only one with that opinion

alot of people with pom poms over on the sunny site.
That is true but I guess the ONLY difference here is that it was discussed on OSO and not on the SUNSATION owned forum!?
Old 04-06-2011, 11:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by verbi69
That is true but I guess the ONLY difference here is that it was discussed on OSO and not on the SUNSATION owned forum!?
yep ,you are correct
Old 04-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by verbi69
I have no dog in this fight but.....I got to read most of the thread before it was locked down and I was shocked to find how sensitive some of the Sunny people were with this whole fiascal.
Aj sent a message through the PM system, read PRIVATE MESSAGE, ....and then the **** hits the fan because of it????
Come on now, what a load of crap!!
No negative comments were put out for everyone to see and to have the owners feathers ruffled, but a simple PM to the fella in question to look at different models of boats as well.......now really what is wrong with that??
No one was luring a little boy away from a potential sale with a bag of candy!
For a bunch of grown up men to attack like that is pretty ridiculous......
I personally looked at a 288 Sunny before I bought my 280 Silencer and can say without a doubt there are differences between the two boats.......so if I point them out that makes me a bad guy???? .......and even for doing it privately instead of on the open forums??
Say whatever you want, defend however you want, the whole thing of the Sunsation owner crying foul like a little kid stinks hard of B.S.!!!
Sensitive bunch!!
This whole thing was blown out of proportion and I dont give a damn what they say about it!!
yep.I asked one question on that thread and deleted pretty fast,

the question was,,why is it wrong for aj to share his opinion but ok for sunny guys to bash PQ,,even joe took a stab at pq,
Old 04-06-2011, 12:01 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

It's that kind of crap that really makes me shake my head and wonder wtf???
Just another reason to never go over there and visit I guess......problem solved!!

PS: I will still let my buddy CampionChase tie up to me this summer in his new to him 32 Sunsation!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.