PQ General Discussion

Notices

PQ General Discussion

Old 05-12-2011, 06:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
No not at all,
I have not been spending too much time on here lately,trying to kick the habit...
but I thought I answered your questions back on reply 2055!
Today you text me a question about the oil weight and I text you right back.. please let me know if theres anything else I could answer for you or what question I missed
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Originally Posted by cpiefer06
Boatnt if you could way in on this would be great but anyone else is more than welcome to as well.

First time out with new boat and we loved it and all went well, but I do have two questions.

1. The left shifter seemed a bit reluctant at times to go into gear, is there an adjust for that? And then I would bet it would be back back at the motor right? Lastly did you ever encounter similar? Just curious.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I never had any problems with either engine on the 300 going in gear,on one of my 290s I had one engine was at times a little hard/stiff to go in gear,I had to (simple repair)remove the top/side cap on the outdrive and clean and lude the detend spring/check ball assembly,that took care of it and I was told Merc recoments you do that every couple of years.------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. The throttles seem like they could use a bit more resistance or tension on them as one or both seemed to move a little while under way. Like once we were going and were at desired pace I would let go and look back a bit later and they were no longer side by side.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I never drive with my hands off the throttle so I would never known but it is a simple adjustment,,with the engines OFF!!!move the throttles forward spread the black rubber boots apart and you will see a allen head screw,you can turn it in 1/2 a turn at a time until you get the resistance you like,same could be done with the shifters as well,,Hope this helps and hope you enjoy your new boat,
Tom

Is there anything you dont know? Always willing to help thomas, thats what i like about you. You are a people person like myself......
Old 05-12-2011, 06:38 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Where are all the hotties......oh I know they are in the cabin making drinks!!!!
Attached Images  
Old 05-12-2011, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts

Dennis that weekend was just a test and tune... it wasn't Go Time yet!
Old 05-12-2011, 08:17 AM
Registered

That was more to do with the anodes post had put out there. That body of water seems to be very corrosive compared to what I have seen.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh we are in the same shape there too. Weird weather I tell ya.
No doubt! Dang global warming
Old 05-12-2011, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by inknppr
Where are all the hotties......oh I know they are in the cabin making drinks!!!!
Look at that water, where is that?
Old 05-12-2011, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 247 Likes on 123 Posts

That was more to do with the anodes post had put out there. That body of water seems to be very corrosive compared to what I have seen.
Did not take that as a question..more or less a heads up to the guys that boat on the chain!

Not sure about the water and the anodes,
I never had to replace them on any of my boats they allways looked ok to me,
but this year when we serviced Calvins 380 outdrives the anodes were worn out and we replaced both sets and he does dock next to me but both boats are on lifts,so not sure if its the water,age or the cabin crusers that stay pluged in at our marina,

But they are there to serve a purpose and replaced when worn,its a maintance thing.

if I would have listened to my wife and kept the boat ....when It was time for the sping check up I would have noticed them worn and replaced them myself.

The fun of Boating!

Last edited by boatnt; 05-12-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sunsation96
Look at that water, where is that?
that is Torch Lake... i'd recommend a trip up to see it in person it is like boating in blue kool-aid. I'm slipped there this year give me a heads up if you make it up that way... my cooler is always full
Old 05-12-2011, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by ajfisher
that is Torch Lake... i'd recommend a trip up to see it in person it is like boating in blue kool-aid. I'm slipped there this year give me a heads up if you make it up that way... my cooler is always full
Oh you keep it up there year round? Do you make it to the 6th great lake or just keep it up there? Shoot after seeing that I might keep my wanna be an offshore up there. Holy cow that is some sweet water, is it really cold?
Old 05-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Registered

I'll be down to LSC for the Lake St Clair Run June 24th and also for the raft-off. Probly hit Grand Haven for Coast Guard Fest as well.
The lake temp is colder than most but not too bad actually... warmer than the Great Lakes that's for sure. Some years it feels warmer so I'll have to see on memorial day and report back.
wanna be offshore? I don't discriminate against small blocks lol... come on up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.