Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
PQ General Discussion >

PQ General Discussion

Notices

PQ General Discussion

Old 02-18-2012, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 91 Likes on 55 Posts

Congrats on the sale. Good luck shopping for the next one. I keep watching this lipship but it doesn't seem to move. Nice looking boat though IMO. And looks very clean.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o34351-en.html
Old 02-18-2012, 03:30 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Need4SpeedGTCS
I found the 4 blades blow out to easily when trying to plane unless get every just right. the 5 blades always hooked but again too high of pitch.
The 5 blades hook up hard unlike the 4 blades which need to be throttled lightly, much prefer the 5 blades!!
Old 02-18-2012, 03:40 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
Ok Verbi and Need4speed, what do you guys think of the props you have? Have either of you tried both the Max and the Hydros? I have a set of 32p 5 blade Max I can try but was very happy with the 4 blade Hydros I sold. Pros/cons???
I've run the worked 5 blade Hydros and I can mash the throttles on the 38 ....the boat literally takes off like a sling shot, I was very impressed on how it can accelerate without blowing out. Because the diffuser ring is next to non existent they let the ass of the boat sit where it needs and allows the nose to ride a little higher...as well need less input on trim to do so. They spin the engines to 5200.

I consider the 4 blade Bravo's a good spare set...they are worked over some, not exactly sure how much.
They need to be feathered out of the hole or they blow out...

I think a boat of this size should always have a 5 blade + prop hanging off the back..

I have never tried a Max.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:43 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ajfisher
well it is a bittersweet day around here today, the guy i had from Ohio coming to look at the 290 ended up agreeing to purchase it and put a deposit down on it until he could come back with his truck and take it home... which will be in a few weeks in March. When i was cleaning it up last night knocking the winter dust off her i sat down in the drivers seat, adjusted the wheel and put my hand on the throttles... kinda made me sad to sell since i had so much fun on it and it ran so good for me. I dont think I'll ever be able to match that feeling i had when i first took it out, i finally felt like i had made it, lol.
As of now I have started my search for a new boat... looking at the 32-35 foot range with 496HO's or preferably 500EFI's, so keep your eyes pealed! just remember... blue collar wage over here so nothing too fancy haha!
Right on AJ, congrats!
That was a really nice ride!!
Good luck with the search...
Old 02-18-2012, 03:45 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

AJ, are you brand specific or open to other manufacturers??
Old 02-18-2012, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Open to anything Mike

Knot 4 Me- did my powerball numbers hit? Lol

Last edited by AJ POWERPLAY; 02-18-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:32 PM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by ajfisher
Open to anything Mike
i saw a nice sunny for sale. They said it was the ultimate rough water boat.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL nice one Derek
Old 02-18-2012, 05:01 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Drock78
i saw a nice sunny for sale. They said it was the ultimate rough water boat.
Funny you mentioned that, I was going to say the same thing!!
Old 02-18-2012, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by verbi69
I've run the worked 5 blade Hydros and I can mash the throttles on the 38 ....the boat literally takes off like a sling shot, I was very impressed on how it can accelerate without blowing out. Because the diffuser ring is next to non existent they let the ass of the boat sit where it needs and allows the nose to ride a little higher...as well need less input on trim to do so. They spin the engines to 5200.

I consider the 4 blade Bravo's a good spare set...they are worked over some, not exactly sure how much.
They need to be feathered out of the hole or they blow out...

I think a boat of this size should always have a 5 blade + prop hanging off the back..

I have never tried a Max.
Pretty much identical experience here. WOT drives trim all the way out to reach max speed...I'll keep the four blade bravos for spares too but definitely want to something more prop wise.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.