Notices

300 Revenge

Old 06-14-2002, 08:24 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Interceptor232
Power Quest wouldn't even consider putting the 500hp all they would put in there was the 375hp 496.
Really?

Who told you that?

Here is a picture of the 300 at the Miami show with 496HO's (425HP). They also can't wait for someone to order one with HP500's so they can get some performance numbers.

Maybe they will want to check out yours!?

Let see some pics! The only 300 I saw has the limited production graphics. I'd like to see one w/ "standard" graphics.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 06-14-2002, 01:44 PM
Interceptor232

Things shure have changed since I placed my order. I ordered my Revenge Back in Jan of this year and all they were going to put in there was the 375hp 496. According to my Dealer Total Marine in AZ, they still won't put 500hp's or the new 525hp's. They said PowerQuest will not put that kind of power in a 30ft boat for safty reasons. At first I wanted a 500dpx Volvo engine setup and they going to do it, but they got back to me and said that would to much power and they offered the other setups. If what you are saying is ture then they have changed there tune. I saved about $15k by having the dealer do the upgrade so I am not at all unhappy but the boat does deserve to have some power. My only complant about Powerquest is the fact that they don't make of design there boat's for really high hp. Wouldn't be cool if you could buy a 380 with some of 1000hp new mercs with some #6's then maybe people would give PowerQuest the respect it deserves...

Old 06-15-2002, 08:14 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Yeah, I too would love to see a 380 (or a 340 ) with big power.

Does your 300 have one of the limited edition graphics??? Hope you will post some pics of that bad boy!! It appears you will be able to dish out lots of "respect" out west with that set up.
I hope you will post some more numbers and more impotantly, post what you have blown away with that set up. Maybe you should carry a camera with a zoom lens. That way you could zoom in on the suprised face of the guy you just blew away and post it here. It would be even better if your boat has a windshield!!

Are there many PQ's around where you boat? In our area I only know of 4. A 280 and 3 340's. I think the respect aspect is growing now that PQ is becoming more well known.

Sound like your dealer need to talk more to PQ and find out what they will and wonld build. When my boat was built last fall, I talked w/ Mandi B. And Pete B many times about what could be done. Now my boat is exactly the way I want it, w/ many different touches. PQ is great to deal with, before and after the sale. I've had a couple of very minor warranty issues, and Mark at PQ (customer service) is incredible at solving any problems.

Interceptor232 , glad to have ya in the PQ family. Now whats up with that "Interceptor232" name? Need to change it to reflect the new boat.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 06-15-2002, 01:33 PM
Interceptor232

I will try to get some pic and some video clips up by monday. The name Interceptor232 came from my other boat. I own a caravelle 232 sport cabin with a supercharged, highly modifed small block that kick's out 650hp. I didn't get the limited Editon Paint job just because I think it looks great now, but down the road it is going to look dated. I like the more clean cut look. I ordered the boat with a yellow hull and had West Coat Graphics and Design do a custom paint job with mostly silver and black. they are a awesome company charged about $3500 to do the work most other shops I check it would $10k and up. As for racing I did race a 29ft 2001 Fountain. It had twin 496ho's. I beat hands down, I was at least 10mph faster top speed so I dusted him good. That is really the only race I have had. The cool part is that nobody know what kind of boat I have, most people think Baja. I love PowerQuest boat with all my heart, but here in So Cal PowerQuest doesn't have a good Rep. It has the Rep of the Poor White Trash Man offshore boat. Everytime I tell somebody about what kind of boat I have they make some rude comment about how I should buy a fountain or formual baja etc. But when they see my boat they say "that's a PowerQuest". With this new boat and The hull's design's they are coming out with I think PowerQuest might get the respect it deserves...

Old 06-19-2002, 10:19 AM
mlitefan

hmmmm....

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forum/sh...threadid=24120

Old 06-19-2002, 10:28 AM
mlitefan

Bill...I understand you have a lot of seat time in a 280 Silencer?

My brother-in-law boats at Lake Texoma and has a friend who purchased a 1999 Silencer with the 502MAG. Now he wants a cruiser and is selling the PQ. He is asking 51K for it but I think he picked it up for around 45K.

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/1/2/27001912.htm

Top speed on this boat...70? What do you think it would do with a whipple or pro-charger...low boost?

Thanks,

Larry

Old 06-19-2002, 10:48 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

and yet another hummmmm....................

there are too many contradictions with this guy........different thread

First is was ordering new boat around the end of May.........then we are told it WAS ordered back in January

First it was that the boat was either going to be ordered with the hp500's OR the VP 8.1 with the DPX drives...........the word was that the boat was ordered with the 500's..........however we are later told that it was ordered with the 6.2's with dealer swapped 500's....

Read the above links (mine and mlitefan) and judge for yourself, and interceptor, please set your boat stats straight with us...we get tired of all the BS.
Old 06-19-2002, 12:06 PM
mlitefan

Try this one...

http://www.goboatingamerica.com/cgi-...ML/001377.html

I wonder if this is the guy that writes the Hustler stories...you know...the ones that are just too unbelievable to be true...not that I have ever read any...

Old 06-19-2002, 07:20 PM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts

Mlitefan,
Great find enjoyed the link

Last edited by Scott; 06-19-2002 at 10:16 PM.
Old 06-20-2002, 03:03 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Interceptor232,
Where are your pics? We want to see a Revenge.

As far as this thread is concerned:
http://www.goboatingamerica.com/cgi-...ML/001377.html (NOTE: this thread is NOT from Interceptor232)

I don't believe ANY of it. I know for FACT that PQ never built a Revenge 300 w/ twin 420DPX Volvo's! Also I know for fact that this too is bull****:
"I spoke with PowerQuest and they were deeply sorry and offered a $2000 dollar paint allowance to take it to anybody I pleased." and this too: "They said that they will not send 2 boats with the same paint job to the same state."

Also the first 3 Revenge 300's had custom paint by TAD. So I don't think that too is BS.

Come on guys, what going on????

Put some pics of that bad boy on this forum. Can't wait to see it!!

mlitefan: That boat should run 67-68 all day long with peaks (in best of conditions) of 70. I have no clue of what it would do with a whipple, but guess mid 80's would work. The 280 is a GREAT boat. Stable, dry running, and handles extremely well. You thinking of getting it? I would think 42-44K for a '99 would be fair.
I know Jon 280 Silencer got his 2000 for around $50K new as a factory leftover.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron

Quick Reply: 300 Revenge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.