Notices

Bimini top?

Old 06-18-2002, 08:30 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bimini top?

This thing is driving me crazy.... I finally figured out which way is front but the big flap snaps down on top of the windshield. This blocks all my view except for what I can see through the windshield. This doesen't seem right to me I seen a Baja with plastic above the windshield, this seems reasonable. My setup has 4 pieces, a top, two clear sides and a rear panel that has a plastic window in it. The rear piece snaps all the way down to just above the swim platform. Also it dosent seem to fit in the engine compartment. I got it into the straps in back but then it didn't line up with the studs in the front. Is this just the way it is with the front windshield or am I missing something? Does anyone have any pictures?
Old 06-18-2002, 09:08 PM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Ask 38Dave looks like he has one from the picture of his boat. You Know what I have to say about it
Old 06-18-2002, 09:27 PM
ROUGHSTUFF

Ray, I was on a friends 38 last week and he had clear plastic that ran from the top of the windshield all the way to the bimin canvas. His top was tight but it was well designed and constructed. I notice the straps in the engine compartment, but I know he also had straps up in the V-berth to store the bimini up there. (No the straps weren't there for other use). His top was not made by Powerquest, it was made by a canvas company over in Muskegon.

Old 06-18-2002, 09:32 PM
Registered

RAY......That was how they made it back then. You are not missing any special concept.

I hated how the bimini did the same thing on our 96 Vyper. The newer models now have a clear section that snaps from bimini to windshield.

Options: New bimini or have your current one modified. We thought about having a canvas guy cut off the front section and add a zipper that we could attach the clear piece. Then add to straps to the two front arms to secure to the boat.

On our Vyper, the aft curtain did not have a screen, just clear. This resulted in no ventalation when needed. We had a screen put in for $85.

You might want to consider the Anchor Shade when anchored. It will provide more shade.

Mike
Old 06-18-2002, 10:53 PM
38Dave

Ray,
I don't know who made yours but I have a complete bimini with clear in front and on the sides. i can stand up and run in the rain looking out the windshield or out of the bimini glass front panels.
I also have the sides of glass (plastic) and the aft curtain which encloses the entire rear of the boat.

I also had the same setup on my 31 scarab and with either one could run 60+ mph with canvas up.

attached is a picture of my 38 in put in bay this memorial weekend with the canvas up.

my canvas stores up like a radar arch when not in use. When cockpit cover is on i fold it forward and lean it on my dash with a lifejacket protecting my glovebox finish.
Attached Thumbnails Bimini top?-im000915.jpg  

Old 06-19-2002, 06:37 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Thanks 38Dave, Mine is the same except the front has no plastic. (stupid) Where did you get yours made or did it come from the factory?

P.S. Your boat looks awesome!
Old 06-19-2002, 08:05 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Thanks everyone, I am going to take mine to a canvas place and have them "install" a windshield in the front section and make the back windo zip out plu put a screen in.
Old 06-19-2002, 11:05 PM
bigblock

Ray,

You may want to have screens made which fit where the side curtains are. I have an Enticer and they work great espically for keeping the bugs out. Also, do you have a full length cover? If so, what do you use to tie it down to the trailer and do you trailer it with that cover on? Glad to hear that your machine is out on the water!

Old 06-20-2002, 08:20 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Bigblock. Thanks for the reccomendation on the side screens. I am going to take all the canvas over to the lady today to have her get started on it. I will have her price up the sides too.

My full cover came from PQ it has a cinch rope around it but it also has about 12 loops arround the perimiter. I use these with some clothes line and loop under the trailer frame. I use a slip knot so I can easily undo it and re-tie.

I have not trailered it wit the full cover on. I dont think it would hold up. I did see recently a guy that had a sunbrella cover for his boat that was tight fitting and he trailers with it. I looked almost like a bra on a car. It also protected the bow from stone chips too. I will see If I can find the picture.

Last edited by Raypanic; 06-20-2002 at 08:22 AM.
Old 06-20-2002, 09:06 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Default Found it

Here is the picture:
Attached Thumbnails Bimini top?-sunbrella.jpg  

Quick Reply: Bimini top?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.