New guy signed on

Notices

New guy signed on

Old 08-07-2002, 02:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New guy signed on

Hello everyone just thought I would take the time to say hi, I'm new to the web site and I must say I am glad to see a web site like this one. It is nice to know that there other people out there with the same interest as myself, especialy in Powerquest. I have owned two different ones, and we are considering our third at this time. I'v read some of the old e-mails and I must say you all seem yo know what you are talking about. A question that I allways wanted to know was why doesn't Powerquest have a reghatta for there owners? Take care talk to you soon.
Old 08-07-2002, 03:02 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the board. I too am on my second PQ, they build a very good boat in my opinion, and their cust service is second to no one!.

I too wish they would have a regatta, but maybe they are too busy filling orders.

What PQ did you have, what do you have now and whatcha looking at??

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 08-07-2002, 03:07 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome

and to add what Bill has asked............what is your name.

We like to go by first name basis around here. Were all friends.

BTW Bill, still working on a possible upgrade this Winter. I know I keep saying that but if I can get a good price on a ***, ( ) I might pull the trigger and have one built.

I hate to say to much until I know what it might be.

Jeff
Old 08-07-2002, 03:22 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Heck Jeff, just buy mine. It has all the goodies.

Then I could think abot that 42 Tiger I've always wanted.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 08-07-2002, 03:39 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Default Welcome!!

Welcome, It is always nice to have another voice here, experience is everything, Any tips and ideas will be welcomed as well as any questions you may have.

Reagatta? Good question PQ does monitor this board some, I know they have heard this before. 96Vyper was talking a while back about a un-official one then he sold his boat. No one has picked up the ball yet.
Old 08-08-2002, 03:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Smile New quy

Well my name is Rich and at this time I own a 2000 290 enticer with twin 310s, you might have seen it if you have a 2000 brochure, it is the ad boat. We bought it new from capt. cove in Cincinatti. My first PQ was a 240 precept we bought new in 1997, and hopefully in my near future we will own a 340. We have driven two different ones but just don't want to spend that kind of money just yet. If everything goes well we will get our 290 sold soon and buy a new 340 over the winter months. After I was on here I decided to call PQ and ask them about a regatta. I spoke with a Chris I believe was her name and she liked the idea so she was going to run with it. I told her that sunsation just had theirs and asked her if she had any contacts there? She does since Denny who used to work for PQ now works for sunsation. I hope this goes somewhere for next year. If anyone else contacts PQ please bring this up to them. I will get her name for sure in the next week or so.
Old 08-08-2002, 08:05 AM
wms

welcome Rich. I am also somewhat new to PQ. Took delivery of my 340 last Christmas. Been loving life since. Even put a bunch of hours on her over the winter. (I got the windshield!) Awesome boat! If you can swing it, you should not hesitate to go for it.

Keep us posted and let us know if you have any questions.

macklin.

Last edited by wms; 08-08-2002 at 08:11 AM.

Old 08-08-2002, 08:52 AM
Kentz

Welcome Rich, I'm also a 2 PQ owner (97 260) I know your boat well. In the fall of 2000 Captains Cove had a rather large inventory, 2 or 3 260's, 3 290's 1 340 and a couple of 380's and I still placed a custom order I think I drove the guys crazy! Hope you found them easy to work with.

I agree with the regatta, It would be fun to put faces on the screen names

(I think )

Kent

Old 08-08-2002, 10:03 AM
Registered

I bougth my first boat from Captain's Cove. Excellent people and serivce. I call them occaisonally still (inventory) and I still am treated well. To be honest, I have not found anyplace that treats me as good as they do, still.
Old 08-08-2002, 11:14 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Rich, I too purchased my PQ from Captains Cove back in 99. I agree that they were real easy to deal with. They even opened their inventory for me on a Sunday to look at. Normally they are only open on Sunday for in/out service.

Jeff

Quick Reply: New guy signed on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.