Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
Why PQ ? Why not Checkmate, Sunsation, Baja ? >

Why PQ ? Why not Checkmate, Sunsation, Baja ?

Notices

Why PQ ? Why not Checkmate, Sunsation, Baja ?

Old 08-20-2002, 05:42 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Financially it's always best to order and especially over the winter months...Keep the above recommendations about percent off MSRP in your pocket when negotiating...Best of luck...
Old 08-21-2002, 08:49 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Luv-N-It
I would not think you could get a 2003 model, especially ordering it for 30-32% off.
Yes you can. I ordered my boat and got that kind of discount. Make SURE you get about 30% + off with whatever brand boat you decide on.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 08-21-2002, 01:26 PM
MATTT

So, you are saying if someone quoted me a price around $70,000 out the door for a boat. Take 30% of that, would be $49,000 out the door ?

The dealer did mentioned that, the reason the price is high is because I am also paying for the customer service. Well, I guess some time that would be true. But for all the cars and boats I bought since the last 15years, they all say the same thing; but customer services was graded bad to average.

Thanks,

Mattt.

Old 08-21-2002, 01:59 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

High price due to customer service?!?! HORSE S***!!

Price your boat with the options you want on the PQ website. Take the final total and deduct 30% off. Then add tax and dealer prep. That is your out the door price.

Have you called Tom Jr. at Ducky's yet? You will be pleasantly suprised at their low prices.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 08-21-2002, 02:20 PM
Registered

Matt, Listen to BillR here. He is giving some good advice to you!!
Old 08-21-2002, 02:22 PM
Registered

Originally posted by BillR
High price due to customer service?!?! HORSE S***!!

Price your boat with the options you want on the PQ website. Take the final total and deduct 30% off. Then add tax and dealer prep. That is your out the door price.

Have you called Tom Jr. at Ducky's yet? You will be pleasantly suprised at their low prices.
What he said! MATTT, I would walk out the door of that dealership and not look back. With that kind of attitude, I can guarantee you will be bent over for service and parts the whole time you own the boat. This dealer sounds like an ass and a half - if might ask, who are you dealing with? I used to know a guy at Skipper Bud's (used to be at Pier 33) who seemed to be a fairly straight shooter. Send me a PM if you don't want to post it...
Old 08-21-2002, 03:04 PM
Kentz

Mattt -

I agree that sounds like to much $ and a lot of BS. However, dealers need to make a profit. I don't think this 30% off, across the board thing is gonna fly

How important is it to you to use a local dealer?, Are you a good marine mechanic and troubleshooter?, do you want to tow the boat hundreds of miles?, etc. All of these things have different $ values to different people, so........... I might be more inclined to pay 5% more to my local dealer, for the value added aspects and knowing I'll have great follow-up.

My 02:

Old 08-21-2002, 04:21 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Based on what you know now and the inclination of the dealer you've been speaking with, you must now walk away because you could no longer trust him now, or in future warranty issues. Find another place that's willing to take care of you. Based on Bill's and other's experiences price wise, Ducky's is near enough to you to give'em a shot...But as with anything else, shop and compare. Oh, and make sure you get to ride'em too...
Old 08-26-2002, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts

Pay for customer service what's up with that.?
Old 08-27-2002, 08:45 AM
MATTT

boomer,

That is correct. I was told that I would have to pay a little more for a boat at a dealer near by to get the service I want down the road incase the boat needs some works on. I understand that if I bought a boat from another dealer out of state and bring that boat to a dealer near my place for some issue, I would be treated as a second class customer.

Later,

Mattt.

Quick Reply: Why PQ ? Why not Checkmate, Sunsation, Baja ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.