CG of 380's?

Notices

CG of 380's?

Old 09-10-2002, 10:55 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CG of 380's?

Any Idea where the center of gravity is on the 380's? I bought a cottage with a 10K hoist and am trying to figure out If I need to move it or legthen the boards to accomodate the 380. I would think the CG would be just in front of the middle wheel when it is on the trailer. Does anyone else know otherwise?

Last edited by Raypanic; 09-10-2002 at 11:02 AM.
Old 09-10-2002, 01:09 PM
Registered

Ray, give them a call at the factory, I'll bet they could answer your question pretty quickly.
Old 09-10-2002, 06:00 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Default FYI

I talked to Marc at the factory, he says it is about right at the glove box location if you are concidering the horizontal CG. FYI
Old 09-10-2002, 08:58 PM
Registered

Raypanic,
Have not seen you here in a while. Glad you made it back.
Old 09-10-2002, 09:06 PM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Ray,
You should also notice the water breaking close to that point. Making any trips this weekend? I have guests coming in from West Mi. Hope to show them the area (all in two days) the CP in water boat show is also this weekend.

Scott
Old 09-11-2002, 06:29 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Julio: I am always here! Just not much to say lately, I have been boating with no problems so I guess not much to complain about!

Scott: I dont think I will be out this weekend, I had to pull my boat from the marina as they are closing up for winter. (Sept 15th). I took it to Sparky at Vicious Marine about the hull and he is going to give me a price on the strake and bottom work. I was looking more closely at it and the "middle" step has about a 1/8" hook in it as does the back, The "pad" is pretty straight if not a little rocker in it. To the sides of the pad it has a definate hook though. Hopefully it will not be too much $$$. Now I am taking it up to Tyler to fix my oil leak that has been plagging me all summer, After that I may plan a couple of trailer trips.

How big is the CP Boat show? Maybe I could talk my wife into going. We do have plans of attending the Metro Beach boat show coming up in a couple of weeks.(I now need hoist and dock stuff)
Old 09-11-2002, 06:53 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Ray,
I don't have anything to compare the boat show to, it is a in water show and quite large. I do know it's easy to get on and off and check out all types of boats without the long lines. This is the show that helped me decide on mine. National Marine and J&J Sales are the only dealers I can remember that have offshore boats on display.

Please keep me informed on the bottom work and suggestions they have. I have a couple of trailer nicks and a possible small chine walk that starts around 78mph. I would like to have it gone over and possibly straightened out or the side to side geometry checked out.

So far this year I have hit 82mph hopefully with cooler weather I will see a couple more. I'm sure I have a little left in tweaking just haven't had the time to play with it.

Scott