Indiana…….but prefer DHL or LCK
Liberator,

Where do you boat on Cumberland?

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991
Old 01-27-2023, 06:18 AM
Registered

Received 334 Likes on 157 Posts

Lee’s Ford,Jamestown,Rowena. Last time I had a slip at Lee’s was very disappointing. Usually get a room in Somerset. Transient slips are getting harder to find. Always try to hit 76 falls, Harmon, and all the good lunch spots.
Old 01-27-2023, 06:48 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,000 Likes on 572 Posts

Originally Posted by liberator221
Lee’s Ford,Jamestown,Rowena. Last time I had a slip at Lee’s was very disappointing. Usually get a room in Somerset. Transient slips are getting harder to find. Always try to hit 76 falls, Harmon, and all the good lunch spots.
Liberator,

Burnside ain't much better. I'm on what seems like an eternal waiting list to get a slip. Getting a transient slip is near impossible. We called one time and was told the best time to call was on a Wednesday. So I did. The girl on the phone told me I had to reserve a slip in person, day of. OK. So, on Friday, we arrive at about noon, go down to the marina, the girl behind the counter says we should have called on Wednesday. 😡 To make it worse, when you DO get a transient "slip", they park you on the gangway. They really don't have any actual slips for short term rental. It's nuts. They were forced to take some slip docks out when the lake was down for dam repairs, and then they lost a couple to that massive snow we had a couple year ago. They never rebuilt any of them. I thought that when Safe Harbour bought them, they'd start pouring money into expanding their capacity, but, so far, it hasn't happened. My brother has often said it's almost like they are TRYING to lose money.

Next time you're coming down, hit me up. We'll hook up. We have a house overlooking Burnside, so we're down pretty regular. I'm always up for hanging with new people.

We spend most of our time up the South Fork. There's a really nice party cove not too far up the way from the ramp on Burnside Island (the absolute best ramp on the lake), that is more family friendly than Harmon, complete with a "choose your own adventure" selection of cliff points to jump from.

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991
Old 01-27-2023, 08:21 AM
Registered

It’s almost like safe harbor is buying these marinas, squeezing all the profit out they can short term and then dumping them.
we haven’t been past Burnside much because there’s not much that way( marinas/resteraunts) but been wanting to venture that way.
Old 01-27-2023, 08:37 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

It’s almost like safe harbor is buying these marinas, squeezing all the profit out they can short term and then dumping them.
we haven’t been past Burnside much because there’s not much that way( marinas/resteraunts) but been wanting to venture that way.
Liberator,

Whereas Suntex seems to actually get it. Pour money into it and enjoy the returns.

There's literally NOTHING beyond Burnside, as far as commercialization. A couple of small ramps that I have no idea how to get to, and two community docks. That's it. Which is fine for us. We're not necessarily into the barhopping thing so much. At least, not while we're at Cumberland. You can go 25-30 miles up the South Fork, drop an anchor, and likely not see another soul all day. Or you can stop at the party cove and hang out with a hundred of your closest new friends. But no restaurants. We just make sammiches, bring snacks and drinks and make a day of hanging on the boat and head in when the wife is out of her JD Watermelon Spike.

A typical day up the South Fork.

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991

Last edited by Brad Christy; 01-27-2023 at 08:48 AM.
The following users liked this post:
badmonkey (01-27-2023)
Old 01-27-2023, 10:17 AM
Registered

South fork looks like a cool run, like running a river channel. Yea not a party guy, when we go to Harmon always anchor across the way just watch performance boats come and go. Look for ya on the water. 👍
Old 01-27-2023, 11:34 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

South fork looks like a cool run, like running a river channel. Yea not a party guy, when we go to Harmon always anchor across the way just watch performance boats come and go. Look for ya on the water. 👍
Liberator,

It stays pretty wide (not main lake wide, but...) until you get a fair ways up. I've been up far enough you can't just pull a 180; you have to shut down, spin around and take off again. When you start to see massive rocks poking up out of the water along the water's edge, you start to wonder if there might be one of them, just under the surface, out in the middle.

Like I said.... Give me a shout.

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991
The following users liked this post:
liberator221 (01-27-2023)
Old 05-12-2023, 10:42 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

PQ guys,

I don't InstaGoogleTwitterFace anything, but my wife tells me she saw on FB that a date has been set for 7/29 for a PQ meetup on St. Clair. I've got it on my calendar. Anybody planning on going?

Thanks. Brad.
Old 06-14-2023, 08:59 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Brad Christy
PQ guys,

I don't InstaGoogleTwitterFace anything, but my wife tells me she saw on FB that a date has been set for 7/29 for a PQ meetup on St. Clair. I've got it on my calendar. Anybody planning on going?

Thanks. Brad.

Anybody....?

The wife tells me that 18 have confirmed on the FB page. Nobody from here on OSO....?

Thanks. Brad.

Thanks. Brad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.