Need paint/graphics opinions >

Need paint/graphics opinions

Notices

Need paint/graphics opinions

Old 03-04-2023, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 56 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Need paint/graphics opinions

Boat has a few dock rash areas that have to be addressed. Going to do complete hullsides(about same time/cost as spotting in and blending).
Question is, should I match original, or are the existing graphics outdated? Also, Boat is on the market, so my personal preference is not really relevant. Thanks
Old 03-04-2023, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 91 Posts

Have you had any interest in your boat? I think you listed it last September? I would think there would be more interest the closer summer gets. Was it brought to your attention that the dock rash was a reason not to buy? Can't see any dock rash from the pics so I'm not sure I would spend the money on any repairs and if I did, because it's for sale, I would keep with what's there otherwise you will end up doing what you like and that "design" may actually not be universally liked? How's the interior? You are in FL so I assume it also takes a beating.
Old 03-04-2023, 03:30 PM
Registered

Haven't had a single person view boat to this date.
Apparently, not a big market for a saltwater boat.
I thought my price was in the ballpark, but not sure now.
Im ops mngr at a marina, but also handle the in- house paint.
Boat recieved a couple spots rubbing against floating dock a couple weeks ago.
Old 03-04-2023, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 91 Posts

Well now that I know you what you do for a living, painting the boat sounds like a good idea. I'm sure you can come up with a paint scheme that is timeless and fits the boat. What exactly is the problem with buying a used salt water boat other than corrosion? Can you address these items with your boat so someone could buy with confidence knowing that after buying your boat, they won't be looking at huge repairs from salt water exposure? I'm going from memory but I believe you wanted it gone because you have another boat on order. What are you getting?
Old 03-04-2023, 05:47 PM
Registered

I've owned a 28 Velocity for a couple years. Wanted a boat to use while doing some upgrades to Velocity, so picked up the Powerquest at a great price from one of my customers.
Old 03-04-2023, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 766 Likes on 283 Posts

Are you at Keyes on Anna Maria?

Edit. Bradenton Beach?

Last edited by Hoodoo 2.0; 03-04-2023 at 05:52 PM.
Old 03-04-2023, 06:23 PM
Registered

Bradenton Beach Marina at Cortez and Gulf drive.
I had a Parasail operation and owned the small marine repair facility at Keyes marina.
The following users liked this post:
105Fountain (03-05-2023)
Old 03-05-2023, 06:35 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 643 Likes on 298 Posts

Generally speaking the main reasons a boat doesn't sell are:
  • price
  • condition
  • obsolete/hard-to-find parts
Just from the pictures, the boat looks okay insofar as the exterior is concerned I seriously doubt anyone is rejecting the boat based on that, unless it is in a FAR worse condition than what we can see. So I don't think doing ANYTHING to the exterior is going to move the boat any quicker...and now you have to raise the price to cover THOSE costs. Ultimately price rules; a POS will sell at the right price while a jewel will never sell if priced too high. "Saltwater boats" are indeed shunned by many, especially those who are inland and simply expect a saltwater boat to fall apart the moment they take ownership of it...so that IS a negative for some. People are looking for a "deal". On this forum alone you read endless stories of the 'deal' someone made: "Yeah, the engine was shot but the hull is perfect, not a scratch...and man! The interior is literally like new! And for the price, wow!"
Many years ago a friend of mine had a PRISTINE Four Winns with a King Cobra in it...the boat was literally like new even though it was over 20 years old at the time.
He couldn't GIVE it away, sadly. No one wanted to fool with the KC. Anyway, the point being there's a reason your boat isn't selling, but I don't think it is because of any dock rash.
Old 03-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Registered

Must be price related. I haven't had any prospective buyers even come view boat at 25k.
What is the real number on a 2002 single engine 28 w/fwc 496HO? Is the Powerquest brand the issue, or is this type of boat sub 20k ?
Old 03-05-2023, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 233 Likes on 117 Posts

Powerquest is a good boat, more known in Michigan area, location and salt might be the issue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.