Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
1990 290 project boat >

1990 290 project boat

Notices

1990 290 project boat

Old 09-19-2023, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

Look I love your enuthiesium on this project but its over 30 years old and you might want to play it safe and pull the motors and send them to a local shop to get freshen up. Remember the goal is a reliable boat that you can enjoy. Sorry to be negative, but I know for a fact that buying gas is actually the cheap part of owning a boat.

Good luck
The following users liked this post:
swellcraftman (09-19-2023)
Old 09-23-2023, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

got the heads off the starboard motor and still can’t figure out why it’s only moving 180 degrees. Got a couple different options to get the motor pulled out so time will tell what the issue is.
Old 10-27-2023, 06:11 PM
Registered

Finally made some time to get the engine pulled and tore down. I live in Michigan so I’ve got plenty of time this winter to get it ready for spring. Next step will be to deliver to the local machine shop.
Old 04-25-2024, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 116 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by swellcraftman

Finally made some time to get the engine pulled and tore down. I live in Michigan so I’ve got plenty of time this winter to get it ready for spring. Next step will be to deliver to the local machine shop.
Hows this project coming? what was making the engine only turn over 180 degrees?
Old 04-27-2024, 07:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kreed
Hows this project coming? what was making the engine only turn over 180 degrees?
hey Kreed, been plugging away on the motor, cleaning up the internal parts and cylinder heads. It was hung up on rust from the bottom of the cylinder wall in #7. I have some time off work coming up, looking to start reassembling here in May.