First outing

Notices

First outing

Old 01-07-2003, 06:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speed

Guys: I didn't finish the whole story on pulling away from the poker run edition. At the time I had my 502's in the boat with pro-chargers on them. The boat would run 87mph. I still had throttles left if I wanted to go around him. At 87 mph I had trouble controlling the boat. It was ok in flat water but as soon as it got rough it was all over. The 500efi are the most reliable motor built. Turn the key and away you go. 82mph is fast enough for me now. Still can go around most boats especially the beak nose and most cigs. When it comes to cats you are in a different catagory. Remember we are running a 8500lb boat with stock 500's in it and can go 82mph. Running on 87octane gas. I rather boat all day and look at the women then wrenching on the motors. Blondes Preferred
Old 01-07-2003, 10:02 PM
Registered

Thanks for the posts guy's. I really like PQ's and like keeping up on the latest.

Scott, I had read Rod's (RPM) thread, but I also know he makes big power with his motors.

hp500efi, Yep there they are bigger than life......525's. Great looking motors aren't they

If BOSSMAN did buy the boat.....Congratulations, that is a fine ride.

This whole speed thing is very interesting. We are at 82 with the AT with labbed 30's and the motors are on the rev limiters. Its equipped with 500's and weighs about 9500 lbs (it's go a lot of options) With a set of 32's (labbed) we are looking for 84.....I hope.

So........when I hear about 500's going past 575 equipped boats and 525 equipped boats with extension boxes going 86.......it gets my attention.

I hope I get out on the Big M this Summer to mix it up with some of you PQ guys. Summer cannot come soon enough.
Old 01-07-2003, 10:34 PM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

H20,

I just noticed where you are located. I'm sitting in the Champagne Baymont typing this. I am pressed for time this trip (half to run over to Indy and still make it home before 8 on friday night) or I'd suggest a cold one somewhere. isn't Peoria the next city up the road?
Old 01-07-2003, 11:14 PM
Registered

Peoria is about an hour / hour and 15 from Champagne. It's about 45 min from Bloomington. Let me know next time you're in the area I the winter there is not much else to do but sit around, drink beer and talk about boating My email address is on my profile