Launching tomorrow!!

Notices

Launching tomorrow!!

Old 05-27-2003, 06:27 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Mig,
Tell us what year,power and size we can make suggestions that may get you there. You won't see it unless you have at least 500HP's. I'm running around 550 a side and now can hit 80 without a problem, before it would have to be perfect conditions.
Depending on what year it was made could also effect speed.
Old 05-27-2003, 07:55 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even though everything was running fine It seems to struggle to get past 80. Even with twin 700hp engines! The hull is still a stock 1998 no mods done. I did not really push it all the way yet but I was running about 4,800 RPM @ 75 mph the speed was still climbing. I had kids aboard so I let off. The gear ratio does seem better than before.

I am starting be become disappointed with the ride. It seems to rock from side to side a little when at higher speeds when it comes down almost like a yawing motion. It's hard to explain but doesn't seem like the bow is lifting very much and it is plowing through the water and not riding on the V - pad.

It seems to pound quite a bit too when cruising. Maybe I'm too critical on the ride but it just doesn't seem like it's handling well. It's like I am always working at it too hard to keep it in shape.

I will use it this year but something has to change next. either a new boat or some serious bottom work to this one.
Old 05-27-2003, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It took PQ 3 times to get mine straightened out. Was I happy? About 90%. Mine would only run 70-72 so I cant comment on the 80mph thing. On a typical day with anything but completly flat water was 67mph and took forever to get their. When the lake was like glass it would easily run 70-72??? Doesnt make sense but to me, but that was it. When they were done it handled and rode 110% better. I would like to ride in a new one to compare. I cut my losses and sold it because I new I would eventually want to go faster and was ready for something different. I also think that lake st. claire and erie have the short chop and slop that it didnt seem to like. On the bigger and deeper lakes they would perform much better.
Old 06-16-2003, 08:07 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I got a few picts of it running. here is one
Attached Thumbnails Launching tomorrow!!-380.jpg  
Old 06-16-2003, 08:10 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

another
Attached Thumbnails Launching tomorrow!!-380-2.jpg  
Old 06-17-2003, 08:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ray: Get use to it 38 avenger will not run smooth. Anything over 80 mph she will chime walk over the place. The boat is riding up on the pad like it was design for. Like i said before I had my hull rework by the factory back in 01. They cut 3 feet of the strakes off. The other day at the Lake we run 82mph on the gps. Remember I have 500 efi. Last Saturday we got 84 out of it but we were running down river with a 8mpn current. Give us a little boast. Got 5 blades 30 pitch lab finish ordered hope to get away from some of the slippage. Will see and let you guys know