2005 Powerquest Rally?? >

2005 Powerquest Rally??

Notices

2005 Powerquest Rally??

Old 03-22-2005, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 2005 Powerquest Rally??

Calvin, I signed on a 1998 Legend this morning. Now I've got the fever!!!!!! They can't get the boat out till April 1st so we won't close till we get a chance to sea trial it. Thanks for the lead on the other . This one came out of the blue and the price was more than right!

You know its always a lot of fun to shop, but its even better to have sealed the deal after 2 years of looking!
Old 03-22-2005, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 92 Likes on 56 Posts

Congratulations on the new ride.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was the rally last year put on by PQ? I have no idea whats going on over at the pole barn since I don't know anyone that works there anymore. There are easy 2 dozen PQ's/PP's that run out of Holland Harbor and a bunch in Grand Haven. Haven't been to an event since the 10th anniversary party back in 93'- nice bash! If they are commited to putting on a serious rally - owner database mailings, Posts on all the forums, and embracing all models from the beginning ( Baron's, xlt's, Conquests) , then count me in and I will help anyway I can.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:57 PM
Registered

PQCONQUEST,
Congrats on the purchase
I had a 1998 26 PQ with the 454 mag it was a awesome boat
Calvin
Old 03-22-2005, 09:11 PM
Registered

Woogie, Yes Powerquest did put on the Rally last year. We met in Michigan City and ran over to Chicago for the air show. The big lake got a little rough so most of the smaller boats turned back. I was running a 1992 23' Conquest and made it over. After a hour or two we headed back into a nasty chop. After a few Tylinol we made it back to load up and head home. It was just one of those days that you'd taken about as much beating as you could stand. Myself I think Holland would be the best palce to hold the event. Like you said there's a lot of PQ theres and the numbers are what we're looking for to make this event grow. It would be great to see 40 plus boats attend this year and that really shouldn't be a hard number to reach. I e-mailed Mark as well as put in a call today for him at the plant but he was out till tomorrow. We'll see what his thoughts are. With the gas prices it may be a tough year on our sport and manufacturers
Old 03-22-2005, 09:16 PM
Registered

Calvin, Thanks! We're excited, or at least I am. The wife has yet to see it and give the final blessing. The last one I took the cash to Detroit on came home with the boat. By the way what kind of speed did you run? I'm assuming low 60's? And did you try any different props?
Old 03-22-2005, 10:33 PM
Registered

Mentalpause,

My recommendation would be the Holiday Inn www.higrandhaven.com it's the only hotel I know of on the water. There are also a few B&B in downtown Grand Haven by the bars and where the Poker Run tent is set up. There are also several hotels on US31 south of the draw bridge. There really isn't a perfect place to stay as most of the hotels will require you to drive 1-2 miles to the downtown area.

I am not sure if www.smokeonthewaterpokerrun.com would let you be part of the event without a boat. I know their site says something about volunteering. Regardless, all the participating boats are parked along the boardwalk to drool over. Cigarette had at least 2 or 3 42's with 1050's. Stripe Poker and XXX have also attended. There was a lot of nice stuff.

By the way what do you have in the works? If you need a crew member in 06 I would love to tag along and chip in. The Smoke on the Water entry fee is $1000.00 and my 27 PQ just isn't big or fast enough to hang with the 35 - 50 ft twin / triple crowd.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by speed demon
Mentalpause,

My recommendation would be the Holiday Inn www.higrandhaven.com it's the only hotel I know of on the water. There are also a few B&B in downtown Grand Haven by the bars and where the Poker Run tent is set up. There are also several hotels on US31 south of the draw bridge. There really isn't a perfect place to stay as most of the hotels will require you to drive 1-2 miles to the downtown area.

I am not sure if www.smokeonthewaterpokerrun.com would let you be part of the event without a boat. I know their site says something about volunteering. Regardless, all the participating boats are parked along the boardwalk to drool over. Cigarette had at least 2 or 3 42's with 1050's. Stripe Poker and XXX have also attended. There was a lot of nice stuff.

By the way what do you have in the works? If you need a crew member in 06 I would love to tag along and chip in. The Smoke on the Water entry fee is $1000.00 and my 27 PQ just isn't big or fast enough to hang with the 35 - 50 ft twin / triple crowd.
I'm getting the first new Sunsation F4 (43' 4"). We originally hoped it would be completed by this July, but it is looking more like the Sept or Oct timeframe. Here is a thread with tons of pics on the process for building the plug for the mold. http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=88292

I've always heard great things about smoke on the water but never attended. I'd like to go with the F4. I'm thinking of going this year just to check things out so if I take the boat next year it won't be the first time there. I can also drool over the boats there!!

Thanks for the response. If we make it next year maybe we can hook up. Not sure if the Sunsation factory guys will want to go or not. If not, I will have lots of room.

Last edited by Mentalpause; 03-23-2005 at 08:06 AM.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:38 PM
Registered

Mental Pause,
I will be going to this years Smoke On The Water with my 38PQ. I have been on the last three years poker runs. A great time, beautiful run, and the nicest collection of high performance boats you'll ever see in these parts. It is expensive though. Entry fee is $1000 for boat and 4 people. I will be looking for other PQ'ers that want to split the costs and ride on my boat if your interested. I run in the upper 70's and low 80's depemding on lake conditions, with Mercruiser 600SC's, #V Speedmasters, and 17 1/2 x 30 4 blades. Drop me a line.
Michael
Old 03-23-2005, 02:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MACTONITE
Mental Pause,
I will be going to this years Smoke On The Water with my 38PQ. I have been on the last three years poker runs. A great time, beautiful run, and the nicest collection of high performance boats you'll ever see in these parts. It is expensive though. Entry fee is $1000 for boat and 4 people. I will be looking for other PQ'ers that want to split the costs and ride on my boat if your interested. I run in the upper 70's and low 80's depemding on lake conditions, with Mercruiser 600SC's, #V Speedmasters, and 17 1/2 x 30 4 blades. Drop me a line.
Michael
Thanks for the offer. We will be talking about it over the next few days to determine what we want to do. I will get back to you.

Quick Reply: 2005 Powerquest Rally??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.