Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
Anyone have an Enticer lift kept? >

Anyone have an Enticer lift kept?

Notices

Anyone have an Enticer lift kept?

Old 03-19-2005, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have an Enticer lift kept?

I had a new 10K poly lift installed on Thursday . It is set up for a back on. I dealt directly with the company instead of a dealer and they came up to central IL to install it.

Looks really nice, but I am curious if anyone knows how much space should be from the edge of the dock (directly behind the boat) to the edge of the bunks? I am in a 28ft covered slip and want to get the boat as tucked back in there as possible.

The factory said the edge of my boat should be 6-12inches from the dock, but the bunks look to be too far away (5 feet) to achieve that. I know the boat should never extend passed the bunks or the fiberglass will start to settle around it.

I have a feeling I will be moving the lift back about 18 inches. Any thoughts?

-Wally
Old 03-20-2005, 07:21 AM

Default Re: Anyone have an Enticer lift kept?

Wally,
You may have to fine tune the placement of the lift after you raise your boat. Let me know if a water test is necessary for fine tuning and I'll bring the beer.
Rob
Old 03-20-2005, 11:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Wally is the boat on the lift yet?
Great to here that it is in and waiting on you not the other way around.
Call me next week we might have to go out and look at it like the guys from King of the Hill

Rob where have you been? haven't heard from you in awhile. Hopefully everything is going well.
Old 03-20-2005, 04:41 PM
Registered

boat is NOT on the lift yet..........

But the lift is in and looks good. Went down yesterday with a tape this time and it looks like the location is closer then I initially thought.

A sail boat sank out in front of houseboat cove on Friday, a bunch of kids (18) had to swim in. The only thing out of the water was about 2 feet of the main mast. They were trying to figure out how to tow it in with a pontoon boat yesterday.

Both Boody and Shanks renewed their slips this year..........
Old 03-20-2005, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by PWRQWST
Wally is the boat on the lift yet?
Great to here that it is in and waiting on you not the other way around.
Call me next week we might have to go out and look at it like the guys from King of the Hill

Rob where have you been? haven't heard from you in awhile. Hopefully everything is going well.
Rich,
I have been doing some traveling with work, but it looks like I am done until late May. When are you starting your boating season?
Rob
Old 03-21-2005, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 91 Likes on 55 Posts

Wally, I have a 10K poly. Interesting enough I just traded it in on an 18K poly.

Those guys at the factory have always set mine perfect. If it isn't set right once you get your boat on it, I'd just call them (Mark in particular) and have it adjusted.

The lift will go backwards approximately 8 inches when you lift it. Then you have your swim platform to compensate for. The big question is does your PQ have a notch? If so, the notch will also hang off behind the bunk.

I would just measure from the end of your running surface to the back of the swim platform. Then add 8 inches for the lift to raise, and 6-12 inches for the distance from the dock to the boat. Most of the ones I have seen are set closer to 12 inches just because folks don't want to get too close. Remember when you pull in on it and raise it, it will lift backwards 8 inches.

Hopefully those measurements will add up to the distance from the dock to the bunk.

Make sure you get those tanks all the way down before you back up over them .

Give me a call if you want to talk about the poly lift any more. I also have a remote control on mine which I don't think they are going to use. You are welcome to have it if you want. I have no use for it. It is convenient, but it also has some downsides that I can explain.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:03 PM
Registered

Thanks MP. I traded a 6K polylift in, they gave me more trade in value then what I bought it for (used) several years ago. I did ask about the remote deal, when I was at the STL show they were advertising that it came free with all 2005's. However, I had talked to Mark in December and worked a deal to buy a 2005 (minus remote) at 2004 prices with 20% down so it did not come with mine. I am pretty happy with the company and the service.

In anticipation of the next boat, I was going to go with an even bigger lift but the prices start to get a little noisy for the 12k and up.

They did a very nice job on the install. Now if I could just get something on top of it!
Old 03-22-2005, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 91 Likes on 55 Posts

The new remotes are pretty nice. They don't allow any water to back up through the valves and into the blower motors. That is not the case with the old remotes.

I priced my new lift with the new remote, but since I am moving way back in a cove that won't have a ripple in it, I will probably delete the remote. It was handy when I was at Parkview Bay since sometimes you are bringing your boat into the lift with some pretty nasty waves.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:02 PM
Registered

When I talked to Ploylift they told me the same thing. Since my dock is well protected they don't recommend the additional cost.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:04 PM
Registered

Wait a second...I keep hearing Parkview bay's docks are well protected??? I am planning on staying there for the shootout!

Quick Reply: Anyone have an Enticer lift kept?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.