Bravo III XR prop-set >

Bravo III XR prop-set

Notices

Bravo III XR prop-set

Old 11-07-2010, 03:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For anyone that's cares about an application like this, and this old, "won't die" thread.......

It's nearing the end of the season (I won't admit how cold it's already getting) and here's an update.

We didn't get out near as much as I'd hoped this year, again. But, I started the season with a few bugs resolved which made going out and not paying attention to or watching little PITA gremlins a lot more enjoyable so I just payed attention to enjoying being out when we got out.

That said, I never got the GPS out until last weekend but it was obvious that my cruise speed had improved which was a surprise as it was already really good as is it's crazy acceleration. WOT was in the same range based only on feel and how the speedo act once it's reading 60+ (which is 5-6 MPH high)

During the season in normal conditions and load I did loose about 200-250 RPM with a MAX of about 4800 RPM. The motor makes peak HP at 5300 PRM.

Last weekend I went out solo and the conditions, except for the 20 MPH wind, were very good. Cool, dry air, temps in the mid-upper 70's. I was also light on fuel, water and people. Still had way to much crap, multiple tubes, ski's, boards and all kind of other crap we hardly or never use.

I was able to pin the throttle and let her run plenty long enough and did kiss 5000 RPM and 68.4 MPH. Best GPS ever was just between 65-66 MPH. I'm really surprised and wonder if it's an anomaly I may not be able to recreate, but, considering normal conditions compared to these ideal conditions with good props it's not that crazy.

I need to decide whether tweaking the props to try to spin the motor closer to 5100-5300 RPM is worthwhile. The motor obviously makes really good power so I just need to figure out if it'll be healthier to spin it up a little based on how we use it 95% of the time.

So Brett, I'll likely be calling soon. I hope the weather holds out so I can get this dialed in before it's long winter nap but we'll see.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been some time this post has been updated. Any final thoughts? I have been working on dialing in my boat although no speed boat but an engine that makes decent power that I do not think i am fully utilizing