question about prop labbing ? >

question about prop labbing ?

Notices

question about prop labbing ?

Old 08-31-2005, 10:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about prop labbing ?

I just changed props on a new boat i purchased. 3100 American Offshore 700hp engines. drives turning in. boat has 1.5 bravo drive and had. a 32 bravo 4 blade that had been worked"labbed" and had cup added supposedly to a 33... this prop is thinned and sharper on the edge than stock....... boat nosed over very very easily and never slipped prop getting on plane.. but wasn't big enough.. boat ran out of rpm and would have to pull back on throttle when running hard...
So... bought a set of 36 4 blade bravo 1's... stock and virgin never touched... have a hell of a time getting boat to plane.. nose starts to come over and blows out the props... this is with very little throttle ... if you give it any more as the bow rises it blows the props.... ...once running the props work better.. they have great response and wot is better at 5700rpm and running out of power not prop...

any suggestions?.... would thinning and sharpening the blades help with planing changing the rotation ?...
Old 09-01-2005, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: question about prop labbing ?

This is a tough one......36P Bravo I propellers just don't get on plane well, as the blades are so flat. It is possible to adjust to make them bite a little better but they will almost always be difficult to get on plane. This is why people in your position will change their gear ratio. Food for thought.

Julie
Old 09-01-2005, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: question about prop labbing ?

I was going to do that... but the expense was much higher than i wanted to spend.....especially in comparison.
Don