"NEW" Mercury Racing CNC'd Long Hub Cleavers

Notices

"NEW" Mercury Racing CNC'd Long Hub Cleavers

Old 11-14-2006, 07:10 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile "NEW" Mercury Racing CNC'd Long Hub Cleavers

Although I'm no longer driving to Mercury Racing on a daily basis, my blood still runs black and my thoughts can often still be found within the walls of the most influential propeller and marine developmental group in performance boating.

In my previous role at Mercury Racing I helped to sell, market and develop high performance marine propellers (old habits die hard). Although it has been previously released, I am taking the opportunity let the general public in on some news they may not be aware of.

Mercury Racing is currently offering CNC'd long hub cleaver propellers for the new NXT1 drive, the #6, 5 and 3A. As well as any other out drive capable of the 26 spline configuration!

These propellers are 3rd generation design, and fine tuned from MANY months of testing and reconfiguration. These are not reverse engineered from some one else's propeller design, but rather true Mercury Racing design and development.

These new propellers have been proven to perform above and beyond initial designs and are impressing boaters around the globe.

The propellers are available in diameters from 15"-18" with 1/4" diameter incremental offerings. The pitch range choices are from 26 to 40 inches! These propellers carry a 16 degree rake angle, the perfect geometry for the widest variety of applications. In addition, the propellers are being made in 3 different configurations dependent upon the horsepower package you are operating. 550, 850 and 1200 horsepower! Because of this, you can get the optimum performance and reliability right out of the gate. Also, and very important to know and understand, every propeller is finished by a Mercury Racing propeller technician, by hand. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, CNC'd propellers still need that last bit of human interaction. Remember, these propellers can still be fine tuned for each and every applications specific needs.

OK, now the best news, these propellers are available RIGHT NOW! That's right, we can supply these propellers to customers in as little as 2-3 weeks! The propellers are being made 24/7. Mercury is in full swing production!

Here is a link to the part list and part number table.

http://www.mercuryracing.com/product...er_Part_No.pdf

If any one has any other questions about these propellers, please give us a call and we will be happy to answer all the questions you may have.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:53 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Smile Re: "NEW" Mercury Racing CNC'd Long Hub Cleavers

It works for me. Try this one too. I guess it is the same one though. Is it working for others?

http://www.mercuryracing.com/product...er_Part_No.pdf
Old 11-16-2006, 11:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: "NEW" Mercury Racing CNC'd Long Hub Cleavers

I got it thanks.

Due
Old 11-21-2006, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

My Christmas List Just Got Bigger. Ill Call You This Week Brett
Old 11-22-2006, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

16 degree rake sounds like a lot of bow lift...guess these are designed for your typical pleasure boat with 500# of weight in the cabin and another 1000# of passengers.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:42 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Smile Re: "NEW" Mercury Racing CNC'd Long Hub Cleavers

Actually, this isn't that strong of a rake angle. It is actually a good medium angle for many applications.

The original Mercury cast long hubs were designed at 15 degrees of rake but were almost always at about 14 or just slightly higher due to production reasons.

Some boats prefer rake angles higher. Hering makes rake angles at 18 in some of there long hubs. Mercury will make these too (very soon). 16 degrees rake is a great middle of the road rake angle.

As a comparison, OB cleavers can run 20-25 degrees of rake. The Maximus 5 blade for Bravo drives runs at a rather large 30 degrees.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 24 Posts

How are these comparing to the Hering's for perfomance? I am on the market for a set of Hering or maybe these new props from Mercury. I currently run Mercury five blades 35" on a MTI with Sixes. I was told the Herings are much faster. The advise came from the very respected go-fast guys.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's what I was thinking...this is a middle of the road propeller design.

Didn't realize Maximus was 30 degree rake...that explains the stern lift (from the large diameter blades) and massive bow lift (from the rake) which tend to cancel each other out...at least in my situation.

Regarding ordering new Herings...suggest you get your order in now for delivery mid-season next year. Typical back-order is 6-7 months